Dance Floors: Studio Marley Rolls & Portable Tiles
Types of Dance Flooring
Dance flooring is available in a few different formats, helping you match the material to the planned use type. Whether you need Marley for tap, jazz, ballet, or modern dance, Greatmats offers a variety of dance flooring for sale to match your needs.
Best Dance Floor FormatsThe dance floors that we offer for sale are available in two primary styles.
- Vinyl rolls: A Marley dance floor roll delivers commercial quality results at a reasonable cost. Our best seller is the Rosco Adagio Marley rolls, an all-purpose flooring solution for professional dance studios, delivering impressive quality and durability.
- Interlocking tiles: Designed for repeated installations as a portable dance floor. Greatmats EZ Portable Dance Floor Tiles feature a wood grain ballroom look, with a commercial quality surface texture. These tiles feature a unique interlocking tab system that is designed for repeated installations. Rosco panelized sprung floor systems eliminate any soft spots in the sprung floor and offer a professional-grade solution.
Dance Floors & Accessories That Greatmats OffersAt Greatmats, we have dance studio flooring for sale, as well as supporting products, that allow you to set up a practice or performance area in a studio or at home.
- Professional marley rolls: They support multiple types of dance shoes and many different dance styles, maintaining a quality that’s ideal for performances.
- Portable tiles: They simplify the process of creating a dance floor for a wedding or anniversary wherever needed.
- Dance flooring kits: The kits are perfect for tap practice in a compact space, they start at 3x3 feet and are available up to 6x6 feet, delivering all the necessary components to build the floor. Install over carpet.
- Underlayments and subfloor: They can give you a cushioned base to reduce the chance of joint injuries during practices and performances.
- Pro Sprung floors: They deliver the ideal combination of resilience, spring, and stability for use at a studio as a pro grade sprung floor.
- Vinyl tape: If using multiple pieces of vinyl for the dance floor, connect them with vinyl tape. You also can tape down the perimeter.
- Floor cleaner: Using a heavy duty cleaner twice a week keeps Marley flooring looking like new while preventing damage from dirt buildup.
Dance Flooring Q&A
How do you install a dance floor mat over concrete?When placing a dance floor over concrete, start with an underlayment. For professional studios, use our Elite Subfloor or the Rosco Sprung floor. For home dancers choose Sports Plus Designer Foam Tiles. These high density 2x2 ft pieces separate the cement and the vinyl. Then place the Marley vinyl over the base. Install with vinyl tape on the edges.
What is the best flooring for a dance floor?Start by thinking about the plans for using it.
- A sprung floor will have a bit of rebound for a dancer, featuring a structure of wood and PE foam.
- Adagio marley is made to support both hard and soft shoes. It offers excellent slip resistance. It is popular for ballet, tap, modern, jazz, hip hop, and lyrical genres.
- We suggest snap together tiles for events. They are portable and easy to assemble. The design resembles a beautiful hardwood that can handle any type of dancing event. Banquet halls, hotels, DJs, and rental companies can make regular use of this product.