Types of Gymnastics Mats
At Greatmats, our gymnastics mats for homes, academies, or studios are trusted options that are durable and competitively priced. We have many different models to choose from for a gymnastics mat for kids, teens, and adults.
1. Folding MatsOur versatile panel mats fold up to a small size for storage, making them ideal for use in a home or a busy studio. Lay them out flat to cover a large space or fold them to create additional thickness.
2. Gymnastics Mats for HomeHaving padded mats for practice sessions at home can protect kids from falls. They are lightweight and easy to move back and forth from storage to the workout space.
3. Long Roll Out MatsA cushioned long runway mat is ideal for working on tumbling passes. Our tumbling mat for kids then rolls up to a reasonable size for storage or portability.
4. Competition Landing MatsA thick landing mat that’s suitable for competition provides maximum protection and cushioning during landings. It has the kind of durability you need for practice sessions and for competitions.
5. Foam Underlayment RollAn underlayment roll consists of PE foam. It’s ideal for giving you some extra cushioning for gymnastic practice under certain types of floors. These rolls range from 5/8 inches to 2 inches in thickness.
6. Octagon MatsEight-sided mats have a cylindrical shape that helps younger students master certain gymnastic techniques, such as walkovers, forward rolls, and back handsprings.
7. Cheese or Incline Wedge MatsThe wedge mat has an angled surface, allowing gravity to help the young student generate enough force and speed to have success with certain techniques, like tumbling and somersaulting. It also helps advanced gymnasts with training for bars and uphill vaulting.
8. Wall or Pole PaddingProtect students from crashing into a wall if they stumble or go too fast by adhering padding onto the wall. We also have pads that wrap around support posts. They are available in a range of colors and sizes.
Gymnastics Mats Q&A
What is Greatmats’ most popular gymnastics mat?Customers appreciate the versatility of our 4x8 by 2-inch foldable and padded gymnastics mats for sale. These are ideal gymnastics mats for kids because of the padding included and because they offer durability.
How thick are gymnastics mats?Gymnastic mats for kids come in various thicknesses, depending on their purposes.
- Thin foam underlayment rolls start at 5/8 inches in thickness and go up to 2 inches.
- Crash pads and landing mats for flips and tumbling can be up to 12 inches thick.
- Specialty wedge or cheese mats run up to 22 inches at the tall end of the incline.
- Cylindrical octagon mats can be up to 40 inches thick.
What are customized gymnastics mats?Trust the quality of our custom items, which will be built using Made in the USA materials and can be sized and colored according to customer specifications at competitive prices.
Our gymnastic mat products will always carry maximum levels of cushioning that reduce the stress of landings. They perform nicely for many kinds of exercises.
Count on us for custom products that will easily outlast cheap gym mats for kids. We have items for stretching, cheerleading, yoga, or stunting. We have interlocking foam matting for any budget and facility. We offer numerous colors to mesh with the existing décor.
Count on us for competitively priced products that will outlast cheap gymnastics mats for sale. We have items for stretching, cheerleading, yoga, or stunting. We have interlocking foam matting for any budget and facility. We offer numerous colors to mesh with the existing décor.