Yoga Studio Flooring
Top FAQs for Professional Yoga Flooring
Quality attractive yoga floor tiles are a must-have for studios. That's why Greatmats has a wide variety of yoga flooring for pro and residential setups. Our many different options offer style and comfort.
What Are the Best Flooring Options for Yoga Studios?
It depends on the styles of workouts that will occur on the yoga room flooring. Think about the following factors:
- Safety: Seek out a smooth, continuous surface without gaps, nails, or other elements that could injure users. Adequate traction and slip resistance are also important for preventing falls.
- Low maintenance: Choose one that is easy to clean and disinfect. Some of ours are equipped with Nano-Silver technology to create a healthier, safer environment.
- Durability: It is an investment, so select one that will last. For any products you are considering, be sure to review the warranties and lifespans.
Is Doing Yoga Poses on Carpet Bad?
Not necessarily. For optimal comfort and less strain on the body, a thick yoga mat on carpet is the better choice. It provides cushioning, which reduces stress on the joints. Yoga flooring over carpet is simply the smarter choice for workouts at home or in a commercial studio.
Is It Better to Do a Workout on Carpeting or Hardwood Floors?
Athletes can use either, but the best types of exercise flooring will involve some sort of matting for yoga on a tile floor, installed atop carpeting, or on hardwoods. The proper cushioning helps the body recover faster after tough workouts, giving the athlete the ability to maximize the time spent doing exercises while reducing soreness the next day.
Is It OK to Do Yoga Flooring Classes Without a Floor Mat?
It is, but most students prefer having the proper yoga mat flooring on hand for a more enjoyable experience. When students have access to high-quality, shock-absorbing mats designed specifically for doing poses rather than general exercise classes, everything goes more smoothly.
How Should I Choose Residential or Commercial Yoga Flooring?
- Amount of traffic: How much traffic will the yoga flooring see? For professional studios, investing in tough flooring is a must. However, significant durability becomes a little less important when choosing yoga flooring for home use.
- Types of use: Will the space be used for other purposes, such as athletic classes? If needing hot yoga studio flooring, be sure to choose a model that doesn't expand in hot temperatures.
- Cushioned: Perhaps nothing is more important in yoga flooring than its level of comfort. Carefully consider the cushion and feel that’s desired for the space.
- Overall aesthetic: What type of style is planned? Contemplate the desired atmosphere, along with existing design elements or color schemes.
- Installation method: While all of ours are designed for easy installation, several models are ideal for temporary installation. Others are better for longer-term installs.
Rubber Flooring for Yoga
Plyometric rubber offers cushion for athletic subfloors and is durable. It has just the right combination of cushion and solid footing.
It is highly economical. It protects the subfloor from moisture and humidity-related damage, which is especially advantageous in high-traffic areas.
It is tough enough to be used alone, but it is also often used as an underlayment for dancing and athletics. It's a versatile choice. When deployed as a subfloor, it can add a great deal of usefulness to the area.
Greatmats has this in both 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch thicknesses, yielding several advantages, including:
- Helps to reduce the risk of injury during repetitive exercises
- It has cushioning, yet is still highly durable, much like cork floors
- Strong enough to withstand the use of athletic shoes
- Quickly covers large areas with minimal seams
- Good value
If you're looking for excellent shock absorption and padding, then look at our martial art matting. Designed to absorb the impact of throws and takedowns, these are durable yet also well-padded to create a comfortable space.
The Pavigym Motion is an excellent choice for yoga tiles. This is made of virgin rubber material. This creates a stable and safe surface.
Customers appreciate the pro-grade durability. It was created specifically with group fitness activities in mind. Pavigym has Point Elasticity, which absorbs impact and prevents vibrations from being transferred away from the point of impact, resulting in fewer injuries. Measuring 3x3 feet, these are smart selections for yoga flooring.
If seeking something for the entire facility, consider our Martial Arts Karate Mats. These are made of high-density EVA foam. While they are comfortable, they are still extremely long-lasting. These do have give, but create a firm surface that offers plenty of support. Available in both brilliant colors and types of wood floor grain finishes that sometimes resemble reclaimed wood, these take only minutes to install with benefits like:
- They offer support but are also forgiving
- Excellent wear resistance ensures they look amazing for years to come
Can I Use Vinyl Flooring for Yoga Studio Floors?
Our padded vinyl rolls blend a professional woodgrain finish with a cushioned backing, making them desirable choices. They will continue to look and feel great, even under frequent and regular usage.
Our Wood Performa Full Bolt features a rich wood stain design and is comfortably padded with a closed-cell foam backing.
For a beautiful selection, LonWood Madera 6x60 Ft Roll is popular. This synthetic floor is eye-catching, yet it never needs to be sanded or refinished. It is made with recycled pre-consumer material and comes with a 10-year limited warranty.
Our Woodflex-Gameflex Roll offers hygienic, antibacterial properties. Versatile and suitable for a variety of uses, it's backed by a limited 15-year warranty, making it a wise investment for reasons such as:
- Get the beautiful appearance of hardwood bamboo, but with padding underneath
- Quickly lay out over large spaces without obvious seams
- Minimizes maintenance, saving time and money
For a truly beautiful finish, luxury vinyl tiles (LVT) are outstanding. These are available in a variety of different finishes that resemble fine wooden grains, ceramic, granite, concrete, and natural stone. They're a cost-effective way to add a luxurious touch.
But they offer more than just great looks. These are manufactured to include Nano-Silver anti-bacterial technology. This germ-killing technology makes a facility safer from bacteria, like staph and E.coli, viruses, and molds. The microscopic pieces of silver aren't visible, but they make it a healthier place to be.
Don't forget that the Nano-Silver could be a potential selling point to help bring in new clients. Customers love the toughness of these. Ours are a perfect option for indoor or outdoor yoga flooring for a professional or home studio.