Gym Mats 4x8 Ft x 2 inch 4V 18 oz
Tumbling Gym Mats, 4x8 ft x 2 inch, Folding Gym Mats for Tumbling
Top Features for Gym Mats 4x8 Ft x 2 inch 4V 18 oz
- School quality manufacturing
- Hook and loop connectors on all 4 sides
- Double stitched seams
- Durable 18 oz. vinyl cover
- 2 Inch Wide Connector Strips
- XPE high rebond foam core
- Lead free and 6P compliant vinyl material
- Folds for easy transport
Gymnastics Training, Cheerleading Stunting, Tumbling, Home Exercises, Home Wrestling, Martial Arts Mats
4x8 Gymnastics Mat, 4x8 Tumbling Mat, 4x8 Panel Mat
Finding a versatile mat is a key consideration for schools, athletic studios, and even at-home use. Our Gym Mats 4x8 Ft x 2 Inch 4V 18 Oz mat will give you exactly the versatility you need to provide padding for a variety of activities, which makes these mats a great value.
Fold Up Versatility
One of the best things about our 4x8 tumbling mat is its fold-up design. These mats feature four 2-foot wide panels that fold accordion-style for easy storage and transportation. With this type of gym mat, you can fold it to create a thicker, smaller mat when you need more padding in a landing area, for example.
This Gym Mats 4x8 Ft x 2 Inch 4V 18 Oz option measures 4 by 8 feet when completely unfolded. The mat features four different 4-by-2-foot segments, all of which are connected. But you can fold these segments on top of each other creating a greater thickness level.
For example, when the 4x8 tumbling mat is completely laid flat, it covers 32 square feet and has a 2-inch thickness measurement. But if you fold this gym mat in half by folding two of the sections on top of two other sections, you'll change the coverage area to 16 square feet with now 4 inches of thickness. Fold all of the sections upon themselves, and this 4x8 gymnastics mat becomes a 4-by-2-foot mat with 8 inches of thickness.
This versatility is perfect for a gymnastics studio or for at-home use where you may not have the budget or space to have numerous different individual mats for different activities. Instead, you can use this 4x8 tumbling mat to serve many different purposes, saving you money in the long run.
High Quality Materials
Our gym mat products are manufactured using the highest quality of workmanship and materials, featuring cross-linked PE foam core. This 4x8 gymnastics mat features a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty and a material density rating of 2 pounds per cubic foot to ensure longevity.
All our gym mat and tumbling folding mat options are hand crafted with extremely durable 18-ounce coated vinyl and double-stitched seams. All folding gym mats feature 2-inch hook and loop fasteners on all four sides for end-to-end and side-to-side attachment as desired.
Our 4x8 tumbling mat product has a 4V designation, which means it features hook and loop fasteners on all four sides. Choose 4V for attaching the gym mats to each other on the long side of the gym mats for side-to-side placement or for connecting the mats end to end on the short side. On the other hand, V2 mats have connectors on the two short sides, allowing you to create a long runway of mats by connecting them end to end.
The edges of these mats are all straight, which makes connecting multiple mats an easy process. There is no interlocking loss in terms of coverage area when you connect these mats.
They are available in popular colors and sizes. We offer the Gym Mats 4x8 Ft x 2 Inch 4V 18 Oz mats in black and blue. These popular colors will look great in your school or athletic studio. Should you need a different size than a 4x8 gymnastics mat, please contact our customer service team, as we offer these foldable gym mat products in a variety of sizes. Just tell the customer service personnel how you plan to use these mats, and we can help you find just the right size for your needs.
Multiple Use Cases
Softness and shock absorption make the 4x8 tumbling mat an excellent multi-purpose mat. This mat can be used to cushion athletes from high-impact activities, but it's also comfortable enough to be used for floor exercises. We've compiled the 10 best reasons to use this gym mat.
1. Martial Arts: When performing martial arts disciplines where athletes will be falling to the ground, having extra padding available is a nice feature. Because these mats are so easy to move around, you can place them exactly where they're needed to provide the most protection.
2. Wrestling: If you're teaching wrestling moves to athletes, having extra padding beyond the traditional wrestling mat is a smart idea. These padded mats can help prevent bruises that could leave athletes unable to practice as long.
3. Wall Padding: These mats can be used as wall padding by simply screwing the external flange on the long side of the 4x8 gymnastics mat to a firing strip attached to the wall. Wall padding is appropriate in school gymnasiums that are used for multiple purposes, as well as for martial arts studios or wrestling practice rooms to provide protection where athletes may crash into a wall.
4. General Exercise: When your exercise routine involves a lot of jumping or floor work, having a comfortable padding available can help you avoid stress on your joints, allowing you to exercise longer without pain.
5. Gymnastics: Because of the high quality foam we use in the padding in these mats, you won't have to worry about the foam inside the vinyl breaking down from repeated use, causing the mat to flatten and fail. You'll love how our mats will offer versatility for practicing a number of gymnastics events, including tumbling passes for floor exercise.
6. Cheerleading: Cheerleading teams find these mats convenient because they are so easily transported and provide great impact absorption. You can use these mats as landing areas or to provide a tumbling runway. The mats provide a nice cushion for practicing jumps, too, allowing the athletes to practice for a longer period of time without causing significant stress on the ankle and knee joints.
7. Tumbling: Even if your child isn't actively involved with gymnastics or cheerleading teams yet, they can practice safely at home with our folding gym mats for tumbling. These mats will stand up to repeated practice times and will give youngsters a soft landing area.
8. Play Area: If you are concerned with kids playing rough on a hard floor at your home, these cushioned mats are the perfect solution, as they'll prevent bumps and bruises when kids fall down. These mats have a tough outer shell that'll stand up to repeated play time and rough use as well, making them a great selection for play areas.
9. Stage Props: If you need some mats to help drama students at school fall safely during a fight scene, for example, these cushioned pads will work great. Or you can use them for your theater group, as they're small enough when folded up to store almost anywhere, and they're light enough to move wherever they're needed.
10. Easy Transportation: Each 4x8 panel mat weighs 22 pounds, so it can be moved from room to room in your home relatively easily. Additionally, as each 4x8 tumbling mat can fold down to a size of 4 by 2 feet, you don't need a lot of storage space in your home for this mat when it's not in use. Moving these mats around a gymnastics studio or at a cheerleading facility is easy too.
The rugged 18-ounce vinyl in the gym mat will be tough enough to stand up to all kinds of use cases. It will remain resistant to tears. The vinyl used with this product is 6P compliant for Phthalates and lead-free. This product meets California state law Proposition 65 requirements.
Should you notice a tear or any damage on the surface of the gym mat product, you will be able to flip this mat to the other side. Having a reversible 4x8 tumbling mat can be very convenient and will give this product a greater value and a longer lifespan than a mat that is not reversible.
Mats and protective equipment are never 100% effective at eliminating or reducing all injuries. Mats are not fail safe. Nothing can substitute for proper instructions, spotting, and good common sense in the teaching of gymnastics or other activities. Landing on the head or in an out-of-control position can result in injuries regardless of your surface padding or in the number of mats you use.
The surface of the 4x8 gymnastics mat product is smooth, which makes it comfortable to use with bare feet.
Maintenance and Ordering
You can easily clean the gym mat with hot water and a sponge. However, do not soak this style of mat in water, as its material is partially absorbent.
Our 4x8 tumbling mat products are available in several thicknesses and colors to match your needs. The Gym Mats 4x8 Ft x 2 Inch 4V 18 Oz product appears in blue or black and measures 2 inches in thickness. However, if you think you might need another color or thickness of tumbling mat, just contact our customer service team to see about your options for ordering.
Clean with hot water and a sponge. Do not soak in water.Shipping
Ships via ground service to your door. Larger orders may ship on pallets via common carrier freight delivery.
This Product Ships UPS Ground, FedEx Ground and/or Freight.
Please review our shipping disclaimer.
⌃ Back to top SPECIFICATIONS
|Material Type||Vinyl covered Foam|
|SF per Item||32.00|
|Number of Pieces per Package Type||1|
|Interlock Loss||0.00 feet|
|Material Hardness||PE foam core 2 lbs./CF|
|Surface Design||Solid color|
|Installation Method||Layout flat|
|Border Strips Included||No|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year limited|
⌃ Back to top VIDEOS
⌃ Back to top Q & A
Can you print a custom logo on these mats?
What is the best size for folding martial arts mats?
The mats fits perfectly in my loft. They're thick and easily moveable. Thx, Great Mats!
San Francisco, CA
As a returned customer I would like to share for everyone that the quality, price, and service for the additional two mats that I bought recently (4x8 ft x 2in) Red Gym Mats are amazing. In fact, I placed these mats for my kids to train continuos and ground fighting (self defense) inside my Dojo in my garage.
These mats are really strong for the impact, non slippery, easy to clean, and storage. However, I used to train with Interlocking mats, but the gym mats for me are better choice when you train kids and protect them for injuries.
I recommend 100% these mats and soon I will order another ones. Thanks Greatmats!
Works great!! We have this 4x8 and a 4x10 mat as well. Hook them together with the velcro and enough room to practice gymnastics and mma. The 2'' foam is dense enough to handle someone getting judo flipped onto their back and provides enough cushion to soften the blow.
Excellent product. Using for my kids' gymnastics as well as my team's MMA training.
Nice and thick, solid foam has excellent impact absorption properties.
Have bought one, plan on buying another as the price is excellent as well as free shipping seals the deal.
I like the mats you get from Greatmats. We have a whole floor of these mats. Thanks for great service.
They work great for my aerial silks and aerial hoop classes.
I ordered mat for my husband who stretched daily. Did not install, just has in spare room. He had another mat for 25 years and wore it out. Yours was the only mat that was thick and looked like it would hold. Also really good price. You will see in picture our boxer, Ruby enjoys it too!
I did some searching to find a mat thick enough to allow exercises on a hard floor even with a carpet. I found this mat, read the reviews, looked at the price and decided to purchase one. That has turned out to be one of my best purchases in a long time. The mat is perfect for our basement workout room - large, firm yet contours to our body when we exercise on our sides, sturdy construction, easy to clean, easy to store if needed. No more hip pointers from side exercises. I can go on and on, but all I can say is that you will not go wrong getting this mat. Happy exercising.
Buying experience was awesome. Delivery was a problem since the large pallet that the items were shipped on did not fit through our doors or onto our elevator. Items had to be hand-carried down a flight of stairs while the delivery driver watched. There needs to be a way to make delivery of the product to the desired location.
Order placing and receiving the product was very easy. Very high quality product. Would highly recommend.
Great product, great company
I ordered a mat for my daughter to practice her gymnastics at home and this worked out perfectly. The order took a few days to process, but overwrite everything came fine. My daughter loves it.
Product is suitable for our purposes and was delivered in a timely manner.
Florida Baseball Institute
Exactly what I wanted for a reasonable price. Received in a timely manner. Recommend.
Great mat and even better customer service!!
The mats are perfect! Excellent price, well-made, fast delivery. My husband teaches martial arts, kickboxing and self-defense classes. We purchased 6 of the black 2 inch 4x8 mats. They are quick and easy to store away and they do not slide.
Erby Elilte Enterprises, LLC
A real person answered the phone! The gal I talked with was so pleasant and helpful. The mat I ordered was perfect and just as described online. Great quality and durable. I dont think Ill have to order another for a long time but when I do it will be through Greatmats!!
Very nice mat. Just like the ones at the gym. My daughter was thrilled with this gift.
Excellent choice for my small areas I have to work with in martial arts. Firm but enough give for throws and takedowns. Material is durable enough but wouldnt advise wearing shoes of any kind. Walking on it is fine but spinning on the balls or heels may cause early wear signs. I like the idea that they come with hook and loop fasteners on all sides so that I can link two mats together without them sliding apart. The only problem is that when linking the mats there is a gap of an inch or more. This can be a problem when youre maneuvering around the center of the two mats. I just kind of folded the lip of the overlap of the one mat and the gap falls within tolerance so as not to get a twisted ankle. I got the blue in color being I will be doing photos and videos. The best I could find in that price range. You can spend more but I dont think you can get more in the comparative price range. Oh yeah, and theyre very light to move around and store in limited space.