Gym Mats & Gymnastics Mats
On Sale $21.07 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
On Sale $18.65 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
On Sale $21.63 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
On Sale $19.31 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
On Sale $15.50 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
In Stock $12.30per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $17.40per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $17.40per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $12.30per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $9.89 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
1 Reviews In Stock $5.56 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
Our professional quality gym mats are made with top-quality materials. Whether you're shopping for your practice space at home or need to outfit your professional training facility, we have versatile options that are sure to suit your needs. Our gym mats are used by schools, recreational facilities, professional training facilities, and home gymnastics practice spaces. You may find gymnastics mats cheap elsewhere, but our mats are both affordable and top-quality products.
How To Clean Gym MatsGym mats are made to be easy to clean. These simple steps will have your gymnastics mats looking great again, quickly
- Sponge clean any vinyl covered gym mats with hot water.
- Keep a 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water solution handy in a spray bottle, along with a small towel. Spray the solution onto the towel and then wipe down the mats regularly after use.
- Spray mats lightly and thoroughly with Lysol to sanitize.
- Do not soak or power wash your gym mats.
Gymnastic Mat BenefitsAn investment in gym mats? It's a wise investment. A gymnastics mat offers the following benefits:
- Safe, forgiving surfaces can turn any area into a practice area.
- Durable construction allows for continued, repeated use over the span of years.
- Specific mats assist with the development of specific skills, helping to develop your gymnasts correctly.
Consider the many uses for gymnastics mats
- School gym equipment for safer gym classes and gymnastics session
- Professional equipment for elite gymnastics training facilities
- Competition equipment for local, regional and national competitions
- Safety equipment for cheerleading, stunting or tumbling practices
- Safer environments at home for children playing and practicing gymnastics skills
Gymnastics mats are available in many different styles, and each type of mat is suitable for a different purpose. Because Greatmats has such a wide variety of gymnastics mats, we have everything you need to outfit your facility or program. From the basic school gym all the way to the elite professional facility, we offer quality mats that are practical and made of the highest quality.
When you're looking for gymnastics mats, cheap prices often indicate subpar quality. You don't have to worry about sacrificing quality for an affordable price at Greatmats. We carefully select the products that we offer, ensuring that we're stocking products that we're proud to stand behind.
Here you'll find a variety of training folding gym mats, rollout mats and landing pads, and shaped octagon mats and cheese wedge incline mats. Many of our mats can fold or roll up, which is not only convenient but which helps you to save storage space. Most of our mats are primarily designed for indoor use, but some can be temporarily used outside with proper care.
Knowing that your training program will depend on these mats for years to come, we've chosen the highest quality professional gym mats that are built to last. All of our mats come with at least the industry standard 18 oz., 6P compliant vinyl coverings (phthalates and lead free) and are constructed using quality materials and craftsmanship. All of these vinyl cover materials meet the California Clean Water Act requirements. Most of our mats are made in the USA by leading gymnastics equipment manufacturers and carry at least a 1 year warranty.
- Folding Gym Mats: Our line of in-stock folding gym mats offer double-stitched seams with 2-inch-wide hook and loop connector straps on all four sides for maximum versatility. These mats feature a durable polyethylene foam core for excellent shock absorption. This affordable line of gymnastics mats compares in price to many of the cheap gymnastics mats available elsewhere, but without sacrificing quality.
- Roll Out Cheer Mats: These mats feature a durable, needle punch carpet top, and offer excellent rebound. They're a popular choice for tumbling and floor exercise practice. The 5x10 foot carpet topped roll out mats are ideal for home use, while the larger versions are suitable for team practices and competitions.
- Octagon Mats: Our octagon mats are excellent for both skill and flexibility training. Available in a variety of sizes, these mats are filled with premium quality 70 ILD (indent load deflection) polyurethane foam. This outstanding foam, paired with the Dacron thread and rugged webbing handles, makes these mats highly durable, which is reflected in their 3-year warranty.
- Competition Landing Mats: With a double-stitched top end and a heavy-duty number 10 YKK molded zipper, our competition landing mats are built to withstand rigorous use. Their 3-year warranty means you can purchase them with confidence. These mats provide extra cushion on landings and help to protect your athletes.
- Skill Cushion Mats: These mats are excellent for practice areas, both at home and in professional settings, as they have the durability to withstand heavy use. These mats feature a heavy duty 10 YKK zipper, and are backed by a 3-year warranty.
We've highlighted some of our most popular gymnastic mat options below.
Folding Gymnastics Mats
Folding gymnastics mats are highly versatile, and are a popular option for any gym. They can be easily stored, and are available at extremely affordable prices.
You can use folding gymnastics mats in seemingly countless ways in any gym:
- Lay them on the floor to create a cushioned surface for tumbling or other gymnastics routines.
- Fold the mats up, or partially fold them for training and conditioning drills.
- Use folded mats as agility training platforms, creating multi-level jumps and working into transition from the floor to upright positions.
A 10-foot long and 2-inch thick folding gym mat can serve as an agility training platform ranging from 2 to 10 inches off the ground. It's a great asset when learning exercises such as candlesticks or pistol squats.
Because these mats fold into a compact package, they're easy to transport, making them a great choice for training on the go. If your gym serves multiple purposes, these mats can convert any surface into a gymnastics training surface. When you're done, just pack the mats away, increasing the versatility of your space.
Our panel gymnastics mats feature a durable vinyl or polyester cover, which means you can use them over virtually any ground or flooring surface. You can even put the mats on lawns in good weather, but just be sure to keep them off of sharp or rough terrain, which can blemish the mats. Being able to use the mats on many different surfaces is a major benefit that can increase your options for practice locations. While the mats are durable, their surface is smooth enough to use with bare feet, yet strong enough to withstand athletic footwear.
Folding gymnastics mats may be able to go outdoors with you, but keep in mind that they are not UV treated, and they are only partially non-absorbent. You should never leave these mats outside when they're not being used. Avoid using these mats outside during adverse weather conditions.
Our folding mats are perfect for a number of activities, including:
- General training
- Home practice
Connecting Mats Together
Our panel-style folding gymnastic mats feature two or four 2-inch-wide connector strips, which makes these mats highly versatile additions to your facility. The connector strips allow you to attach multiple mats together in any number of ways, changing and expanding the size of your matted floor. Combine multiple mats to make a larger space for floor exercise practice, wrestling, or group trainings. You can also connect the mats end-to-end to create a long lane which is suitable for tumbling practice. The connector strips are strong, and the mats won't shift or separate during training.
If you install the gymnastic mats over a carpeted surface, the connector strips can help to keep them in place. Connect the mats together using the strips, and then place them over a sprung floor for increased impact absorption. Such a setup is ideal for activities like gymnastics, martial arts, wrestling and stunting practice where falls can occur from greater heights.
Our folding gym mats aren't only a great choice for gymnastics use, they are also an economical option for wall padding. They fold up accordion style for quick and easy installation and removal, and can be used for drama and higher risk performances involving falls or stunts.
Our folding gym mats maintain their like-new appearance for years when they are properly maintained.
Folding Mat Options and Choices
Need your mats in a hurry? Greatmats keeps many folding gym mats in stock, so they're ready to ship from our Wisconsin warehouse as soon as you place your order. Our in-stock mats encompass a variety of sizes, colors, and thicknesses. They range from 1.5 to 2 inches thick, and measure between 4 to 5 feet wide and 8 to 10 feet long. Our in-stock mats are all equipped with connector strips on all four sides, making them versatile additions to your facility.
Standard colors for our in-stock mats include: blue, black, green, purple and red. However, some mats are available in as many as 17 different color options, so you can choose colors that correspond to your team, school colors, or branding colors.
Want something more specific? Our made-to-order custom mats come in custom colors, as well as in sizes and shapes that are tailored to your specific needs. These top-quality mats are all produced by leading American gymnastics product manufacturers. When you order custom mats, you can get the exact size and style mat that you're looking for in the specific colors that you need.
Skill and Landing Gymnastic Mats
Our skill and landing gymnastic mats are available in several different sizes, colors, thicknesses, and hook-together options. Choose from thick gymnastic mats measuring up to 12 inches, or opt for our tumbling mats for skill development.
Choose from landing mats in both folding and non-folding designs. The folding options are available as either single or as bi-folding gym mats.
Our competition landing mats are available in sizes ranging from 6x12 feet up to 8x18 feet. They are available in both 12 and 20 cm thicknesses.
All of our competition gymnastic pads feature a layer of 1-3/8 inch thick cross-linked polyethylene foam. This ensures superior durability for even the most rigorous uses. Our 12 cm thick mats have a custom formulated bottom layer of polyurethane foam. This special foam layer will not come loose despite rigorous, repeated use. The premium material ensures highly effective shock absorption and years of high performance in any professional facility.
Our skill cushion mats and tumbling mats are available in multiple widths, each suitable for a different use:
- The 8-inch-thick skill cushion is perfect for tumbling and gymnastics programs.
- The 8- and 12-inch-thick skill cushions feature double-stitched top surfaces and superior shock absorption.
- The 12-inch-thick tumbling mats offer additional protection for high-impact activities.
When ultimate cushioning and comfort is a must, there's no beating our Fluffy Denim mats. These mats are created specifically for athletes repeatedly landing on their backs or their stomachs, as the denim cover and soft foam takes away the slap and sting of landings. These thick gymnastic mats measure a full 12 inches thick for superior shock absorption. They are 5x6 2/3 feet long, and are perfect for bars and vault drills where high-impact landings are inevitable.
Incline Gymnastic Mats
Incline gymnastics mats, also known as wedge mats or cheese mats, are an essential training tool for all skill levels. Wedge mats can be used to help develop the beginning to the advanced gymnast, and some of the larger versions can double as spotting tables.
Use wedge-shaped mats for:
- Uphill vaulting
- Transition training on bars
- Basic tumbling and conditioning
- In conjunction with octagon mats for skill training
Incline wedge mats are available in both folding and non-folding versions. The non-folding mats range from 24-60 inches wide and 48-84 inches long. Folding versions offer a wider range of size options, starting with a 24 to 72-inch range of widths. Their lengths can be anywhere between 48 inches and 144 inches.
Octagon Gymnastic Mats
Gymnastic octagon mats are ideal for training forward rolls, walkovers, and back handsprings. These mats are offered in six different sizes, and the larger models work well for cheerleading programs.
All of our octagon mats are filled with a premium quality polyurethane foam. This foam, paired with a strong 18 ounce vinyl cover, lends the mats excellent durability. These mats are not intended for outdoor use.
Roll Out Gymnastic Mats
For a mobile mat that you can use both at home and while on the road, consider the Gmats line of mats. These American-made mats measure 5x10 feet when unrolled, yet roll up and store in a roll that is less than 18 inches in diameter. They're easy to manage, transport, and store.
Choose from a carpet top or smooth vinyl surface. Our carpet-topped Gmats are available in a 1 3/8-inch thickness, while the smooth vinyl surface Gmats measure 1 1/4 inches thick.
- Carpet-topped mats are softer and provide better rebound for gymnastics and cheerleading
- The vinyl surfaced roll out mats are easier to clean and disinfect, making them popular for use with martial arts, wrestling, and as home exercise flooring
For larger installations, consider one of our 62-foot-long carpet topped rollout mats.
Additionally, we offer rolls of foam that make great cushioned underlayments underneath gymnastics floors.
Pricing for Gym Mats
Our versatile line of gym mats are suitable for every budget. We never sacrifice quality for price, but rather offer you both quality and affordability. From the top-quality mats intended for professional facilities to more affordable mats that are perfect for home use, you'll be getting durable products built to put in a top performance, each and every time.
If you're working with a smaller budget, our roll out mats are an economic alternative to folding mats. Roll out mats can be found sale priced for less than $4 per square foot for the 5x10 mats. Larger roles are often sale priced at around $2.50 per square foot and are a great option for gymnastics mats cheap. Alternatively, our folding mats are usually priced in the $5-$7 per square foot range.
If you need to cover a large area with a cushioned underlayment, consider foam rolls. Foam rolls are an economical option, as they're priced well under $2 per square foot. These American-made rolls measure 6x42 feet in size. You can choose from 5/8-, 1.25- or 2-inch thicknesses depending on the amount of shock absorption and cushion that you need. Please note that foam rolls are intended as an underlayment only, and must be covered with another flooring product.
When it comes to finished surface mats, roll out mats are the least expensive option. Both vinyl topped and carpet topped mats are available for less than $4 per square foot. Generally speaking, carpet-topped mats tend to cost less than vinyl topped mats.
Our more versatile mats tend to be a step or two up the price scale. Folding mats usually fall between $4 and $7 per square foot, but they can serve a number of purposes in your gym. When folded up, these mats can be used as training tools, so they may eliminate the need for you to purchase specific skills training mats.
Specialty mats will be the most expensive options, based on their square footage. These mats aren't intended to cover large areas, but can be highly valuable assets to training programs. These mats include fluff mats, crash pads, incline wedge mats and stage mats.
Our high quality and affordable gymnastics mats can help complete home practice rooms, schools, gyms, and professional facilities.
Having trouble finding the right mats for your program? Please give our professional customer service team a call. Greatmats offers highly-acclaimed customer service and support, and our friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you through the entire process of selecting, designing, quoting, and ordering your mats. Consider requesting a custom quote from our professional sales staff for your gymnastic floor layout needs.