Why Should I Use Interlocking Workout Mats?
By Created: February, 2021 - Modified: February, 2021
Related Product: Gym Floor Workout Fitness Tile Pebble 3/4 Inch x 2x2 Ft.
- Premium Martial Arts Karate Mats
- Gym Floor Workout Fitness Tile
- Sundance Mats
- FlexeCork Interlocking Cork Rubber Tile
- Turf Athletic Interlocking Padded Tile
- Bump Top StayLock Tile
- Black Orange Peel StayLock Tile
- Rubber Tile Diamond
- Home BJJ Mats
- Interlocking Turf Tile
What Are The Most Versatile Interlocking Workout Mats?
Another thing that categorizes these 1 inch workout mats as among the most versatile is the weight and size of each individual mat. Each one provides 10.76 square feet of coverage with a weight of 8 pounds, meaning it's easy to maneuver for one person assembling it alone. So, if you have this matting system installed in your home gym but want to take it on the road, you can easily do so without having to load up dozens of tiles like you’d have to do with smaller options.
These EVA foam mats prevent odor, moisture absorption, odor, and mildew growth. They perform well for many fitness activities, and they are double sided.
Although lighter and smaller, these mats are thicker than the karate version. Where those are 1 inch thick, the BJJ mats are 1.5 inches thick, and among the thickest interlocking workout mats. This makes them versatile enough for everything from extreme takedowns and kickboxing to floor work and pilates. Unlike the Karate mats, these also feature a tatami texture surface that is designed to prevent mat burns and is most suitable for bare feet. For any workout where you need protection against falls, these are the way to go as they offer a 4 foot critical fall height rating for protection against serious head injuries.
This particular rubber product features a durable, smooth surface that provides solid footing on which to work out wearing virtually any type of fitness shoes - also adding to its versatility.
For one of the most durable and versatile cushioned interlocking exercise flooring options, choose these PVC tiles that weigh about 1.5 pounds each and provide a square foot of coverage.
What's The Advantage Of Interlocking Exercise Flooring?As touched on earlier, there are so many benefits and advantages of using interlocking exercise flooring in your fitness space.
- Easy to install. If you can put a jigsaw puzzle together, you can put interlocking workout mats together. The interlock jigsaw puzzle-style edges simplify installation and hold the tiles tightly in place, even when they’re subject to stress. Most interlocking exercise flooring solutions do not require adhesive or glue to hold them in place, making installation truly as easy as place, piece, and enjoy.
There are a number of different types - from EVA foam and rubber puzzle tiles to PVC, carpet, and vinyl snap together square with one of the most popular being Sundance Mats from the top 10 listed above. Sundance Mats, although very heavy at 100 pounds, are otherwise easy to install. They lay down without the need for adhesives, and because they are designed for horse use, are among the toughest mats on the market, performing very well in the harshest of conditions. They are ¾ inch thick and feature a non-slip textured top. They’ll even hold up to the dropping of heavy weights.
- Easy to remove and transport.Simply use the reverse process you practiced to install the interlocking workout mats, by undoing the pieces and piling them to store or transport.
If you are looking for a turf interlocking exercise flooring product, the Turf Athletic Interlocking Padded Tile is a superior option that, unlike many other turf products, can be installed for drill work or track and field workouts, but disassembled and put away easily when done. This indoor padded turf combines affordability and sustainability with the benefit of convenient DIY installation and removal. The tiles are durable and slip resistant, and they feel soft and cushioned like real grass.
- Different use types. Interlocking workout mats can be used as protection for subfloors, protection from injuries, as flooring in temporary settings, or as flooring in permanent settings.
The Rubber Tile Diamond, for example, can be used under weights and gym equipment, but can also be used as a solid footing during cardio workouts not requiring cushioned support. The 2 x 2 foot tiles are durable, yet lightweight. So, they are a great option to use in a temporary workout space. They are also extremely tough, so will perform well in a permanent setting, too.
- Design options, less waste, and easy to repair. With the many different colors of product available, with the ability to mark circuit training stations and lines, designing with these interlocking products can be fun! When a tile or mat gets damaged, some can often be flipped over while others are simply removed and replaced without having to change the entire flooring surface.
Interlocking Turf Tile is available in red, green, or blue - so much more versatile than traditional green turf. Suitable for gyms, fitness centers, garage gyms, and more, use this turf product to create large or small areas without needing adhesive or cutting away excess materials from a roll. Instead, simply loose lay and connect the turf. You can also mix and match colors for alternative design options.
Greatmats - For Interlocking Workout Mats & Exercise FlooringIf your quality of health is important to you, working out is likely part of your wellness regime. Having a successful workout experience is often dependent on having adequate and protective flooring on which to exercise. Interlocking workout mats are among the best and most popular flooring solutions available.
From the top 10 products highlighted here to numerous others, Greatmats offers the best selection of interlocking exercise flooring. From additional foam, rubber, and PVC options, to products to suit any design preference or pricing, there really is a product that is perfect for you.
Greatmats has unbeatable quality and service, and friendly and knowledgeable agents are standing by - just waiting to help you determine what your ideal mat or mats would be. When you’re ready to purchase, let Greatmats go to work for you!
For more on this topic please review our Gym Floor Mats product page.