Outdoor Flooring - Deck Tiles, Playground Mats, Rooftop Floors
On Sale In Stock $21.16 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
On Sale In Stock $20.67 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
On Sale In Stock $19.31 per SF
On Sale In Stock $18.98 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
On Sale In Stock $17.97 per SF
On Sale $9.53 per SF Ships out 2-4 Weeks on Average
2 Reviews On Sale $4.45 per SF Ships out 7-10 Working Days
3 Reviews On Sale $10.00 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
In Stock $14.00 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $12.17 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $11.81 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $10.90 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $11.25 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $9.36 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $9.88 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $18.50 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $16.67 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $15.13 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $15.35 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $14.63 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $13.89 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $13.31 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $14.13 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $12.17 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $12.13 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $9.80 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $10.75 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $8.54 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $9.88 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $19.25 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $17.25 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $15.50 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $14.85 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $14.25 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $13.61 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $13.56 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $18.25 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $15.08 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $13.75 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $12.60 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $12.50 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $11.25 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $11.50 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $22.88 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $19.58 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $17.06 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $17.10 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
In Stock $15.88 per SF Ships out 4-6 Weeks
Outdoor Rubber Tiles and Perforated Plastic Floor Tiles
Outdoor flooring is highly versatile and offers potentially endless return on your investment. It can quickly transform nearly any outdoor space into an area that is inviting, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing. Investing in outdoor flooring allows you to make the most of your property, increasing the amount of your yard that you put to use.
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Outdoor Flooring
What is the best outdoor flooring material?
Different outdoor flooring materials offer different benefits, so the best flooring for one use won't necessarily be the best flooring for a different use.
- Rubber is the most common outdoor flooring material used for patios and playgrounds. It's highly durable and is often used in a paver form which is easy to install, and which is aesthetically pleasing.
- Polyethylene and Polypropylene plastics are also extremely popular for ground protection mats and artificial turf.
- PVC plastic is one of the best options when it comes to decks and kids play areas, since it is a soft outdoor flooring option that is forgiving and comfortable underfoot.
How do you install outdoor flooring?
Installation methods for outdoor flooring varies according to the material type, as well as the style of tile, roll, or mat. Tiles usually interlock together and can often be dry laid. Rolls and mats often butt up next to each other. Many of our outdoor flooring tiles don't require adhesives, making for a simplified installation that is suitable as a DIY project.
What is the cheapest outdoor flooring?
Greatmats offers a variety of quality flooring to suit every budget. We have a number of options of high quality, low cost outdoor flooring. Our PVC Patio Outdoor Tile, polyethylene Catalina Artificial Turf Roll, and Rubber Patio Paver tile are all affordable yet quality products.
What can I use outdoor flooring for?
There are potentially endless possibilities for outdoor flooring. Some ideas to get you started include: decks, patios, playgrounds, athletic facilities, dog play areas, walkways, construction sites, balconies, parking lots and more.
Can outdoor flooring be installed over grass?
Most outdoor flooring does need to be installed over a hard, flat surface. However, Greatmats offers a few options that can be installed over grass. Visit our Overcoming Uneven Ground with Flexible Patio Tiles blog for a few ideas.
Benefits of Outdoor Flooring
Some of the benefits provided by outdoor flooring include
- Water is not an issue, since most flooring is designed to direct water away from its surface. This helps to prevent standing water and keeps the surface usable, even in inclement weather.
- Waterproof flooring is durable and will last for years, maximizing your investment.
- Flooring is designed to withstand the specific demands of the outdoors, and UV treatments help keep your flooring looking great over time.
- Built with long-term use in mind, outdoor flooring will stay in place despite high traffic or fluctuating temperatures and weather.
- Versatile flooring options can maximize the usable space in your yard, creating a safe and comfortable space for your enjoyment.
- Temporary flooring solutions may be ideal for seasonal use, while permanent flooring options are suitable for year-round applications.
Consider using outdoor flooring for the following applications:
- Pool areas
- Balconies, and more!
The above ideas are just the beginning of the potential uses for these flooring options. At Greatmats, we offer a wide selection of flooring that can accommodate virtually any use. Choose from plastic, rubber, carpet, and faux grass tiles.
Our weather-resistant outdoor flooring is specifically constructed to withstand the demands of outdoor use. This flooring doesn't become brittle in extreme cold, and it won't melt under the heat of direct sunlight. Most outdoor flooring options are designed to direct water away from the flooring surface, or the flooring has perforations that quickly drain the water. These flooring options are designed to create a finish that is not only attractive, but also safe, no matter the weather or temperature.
Many of our flooring options are intended to be installed permanently. However, temporary outdoor flooring may be the perfect solution for you. Temporary flooring is useful if you're looking to add a playground or patio just for the season. This versatile flooring can be removed when you're done using the space.
With so many different outdoor flooring options, you will need to consider the following:
- How much direct sunlight will there be?
- How drastic will temperature changes be?
- How often do you get rain, snow, hail, sleet, etc.?
- Who will be using this surface, and how often?
- Will there be falls?
- Do you get a lot of wind?
- How easy is the flooring to clean?
- What's the flooring's longevity?
- How easy is it to repair/replace the flooring?
- Is a temporary outdoor flooring option the right solution for your needs?
Rubber Outdoor Flooring
Rubber is a popular option when it comes to outdoor flooring because it is versatile, durable, and safe. Outdoor rubber tiles are frequently used for patios, play areas, and walkways. The tiles have a non-slip surface that provides plenty of traction even when the tiles are wet. While the tiles are dense and durable, they're flexible enough to help absorb shock, making for a comfortable surface. Outdoor rubber tiles are suitable if you want to create areas that are comfortable for standing, sitting, and playing. They're also a great option for kids play areas, since many of them offer fall-height ratings and can help to prevent injury.
Rubber tiles are also popular because they are eco-friendly. They're usually made from repurposed vehicle tires, which helps to reduce the number of tires that end up in landfills. Rubber flooring is heavy, which means it's resistant to shifting. Rubber is also highly durable, and tiles can last for multiple decades, even in outdoor environments. When it eventually is time to replace the rubber flooring, the flooring can be recycled yet again.
Extreme temperature fluctuations don't degrade or affect rubber flooring the way they can affect other flooring types. Rubber floors maintain their flexibility even in sub-zero temperatures, and they don't become too soft in the hot summers, either. No matter what kind of weather you experience, rubber floors maintain their original form.
Benefits of Rubber Flooring
- Flexible tiles absorb shock, making for a safer flooring surface. Some even offer fall height ratings
- Eco-friendly, rubber tiles are made from recycled rubber, so fewer vehicle tires end up in landfills
- Dense rubber is heavy, and is less prone to shifting than lighter flooring options
- Highly durable rubber is resistant to fluctuating temperatures, maintaining its original form no matter the weather
If you want the look and feel of grass but don't have the time or money to keep up with its maintenance, artificial grass tiles offer a practical alternative. Artificial grass is a popular option for patio areas, outdoor pet areas, and any other locations where you're looking for aesthetic appeal without time-consuming maintenance.
Artificial turf tiles and rolls offer a soft and natural feeling and look. It's hard to tell them apart from real grass, but artificial turf is far less messy than installing real turf tiles or rolls. Best of all, artificial turf requires virtually no maintenance, so there's no mowing, watering, or weeding to worry about. You won't have to spend your summers caring for the lawn, and you won't need to pay a landscaper to keep these turf areas looking great. You're free to enjoy the beautiful appearance of grass without the work.
Artificial turf is designed to require minimal maintenance. Some artificial turf can be vacuumed, but in most cases you can just hose down the turf to remove dust or dirt, leaving it looking beautiful yet again.
Artificial turf is available in both tiles and turf rolls, and each is suitable for particular applications. Our artificial grass tiles are a great choice when you'll be installing them over dirt. We offer great artificial turf tiles which have treated wood plank bases. The tiles fit right up next to each other, and there's no adhesive needed. Water drains right through the tiles, so there's no puddling and no mess. The tiles are cushy and plush, making for a luxurious and comfortable surface.
For larger installations, our outdoor artificial turf rolls may be a better option. Many artificial turf rolls are intended for athletic use and offer just the right amount of spring for a comfortable, safe surface. Other turf rolls are ideal for use with decks, patios, yards, and pet areas. Turf rolls are designed to be highly durable, and they offer excellent drainage to prevent water from puddling on the surfaces. This means you can enjoy the surface again promptly after it rains.
Benefits of Artificial Grass
- Get the look and feel of real grass without the hassle, mess, or maintenance
- Artificial grass tiles allow water to drain right through, so there's no puddling and no mess
- Artificial turf rolls offer excellent drainage, so you can use an area promptly after rainfall
- Super comfortable, artificial grass creates a luxurious surface with absolutely no maintenance
Plastic Outdoor Flooring
Plastic outdoor flooring tiles are highly popular thanks to their affordable price and overall versatility. These tiles can be used as outdoor flooring over dirt or outdoor flooring over grass, making them suitable for a wide variety of projects.
Plastic tiles are soft and comfortable, but they're also highly durable. Many plastic tiles offer anti-fatigue benefits, an ideal feature for patio areas where people will spend lots of time. Though the tiles are comfortable and forgiving, some of them are strong enough to withstand the weight of furniture, cars, or trucks. They're also available in designer colors, meaning you can create an eye-catching and attractive area to match your vision. These lightweight tiles are suitable as an option for portable flooring over grass.
Most of the plastic tiles that we offer have a raised base construction. This raised base allows air and water to freely circulate beneath the tile's surface. The design helps to prevent the growth of mold and mildew, while helping to keep the tile surface dry. The raised base can help to increase the lifespan of the tiles, and means you don't have to worry about removing the tiles to let them dry out.
Perforated PVC plastic tiles are completely waterproof, yet they allow for plenty of drainage. They're a favorite option for swimming pools, wash areas, and other areas that are frequently wet.
But plastic tiles aren't only useful for pool surrounds. They're often used for play areas, such as under swing sets. Some tiles carry an ASTM fall height rating, and they offer a soft and forgiving surface. Their shock absorption properties can make a play space safer for children.
Plastic tiles can be used as a portable flooring over grass, and as a flooring over dirt. However, we recommend that you lay a landscape fabric beneath the tiles. The fabric helps to prevent weeds from growing up through the holes in the tiles, so your tiled surface will continue to look beautiful.
Benefits of Plastic Outdoor Flooring
- Suitable as a portable flooring over grass, and as a flooring over dirt, plastic flooring is versatile and easy to install
- Many plastic tiles offer anti-fatigue benefits, making for a soft and forgiving surface
- Choose from designer options to create an eye-catching yet safe surface
- Raised base tiles prevent the growth of mold and mildew, and are ideal for swimming pools and wash areas
- Some tiles carry an ASTM fall height rating, offering excellent safety for play or pool areas
If you're looking for a temporary outdoor flooring option, balcony flooring tiles are a popular choice. These tiles are often used for apartments, condos, and townhouses, and can be installed without using adhesives. The tiles easily snap together, and you can remove and reinstall them repeatedly without damaging them. Highly portable, you can bring balcony flooring tiles with you when you move.
Balcony flooring tiles are an easy way to make hard surfaces, like concrete, more comfortable and forgiving. You can add a little color to your deck, and never have to worry about painting, staining, or sealing balcony tiles. Cleaning most of these tiles requires nothing more than a garden hose, so you save on maintenance time and costs.
Benefits of Balcony Flooring
- Installation is easy; just snap the tiles together, and you won't need any adhesive
- Suitable for temporary installation, you can bring these tiles with you when you move
- Transform hard surfaces into a more comfortable and forgiving space
- Never worry about maintenance - there's no painting, staining, or sealing required
- Cleaning is a cinch - just use your garden hose
Interlocking Outdoor Flooring
Are you looking to install an athletic area, but don't want to invest a ton of time and money to do so? Interlocking outdoor flooring tiles are a great choice, whether you want to install a basketball court over grass at your home or need to create multiple tennis courts at your commercial facility.
These interlocking tiles are highly durable, so they won't crack or crumble like asphalt can over time. Outdoor flooring tiles flex and provide some cushion, making for a more comfortable sports court or recreational space.
You'll find outdoor flooring tiles in both interlocking and straight edge styles. Some tiles can be locked together and require no adhesive. Others feature pins and dowels to create a strong lock, preventing the tiles from separating during use.
Plastic outdoor temporary flooring tiles weigh significantly less than most other outdoor flooring options. Plastic floors are ideal for creating a basketball court over grass, or for creating a variety of areas for athletic use.
Interested in outdoor flooring specifically for outdoor use? Then be sure to visit our playground surfacing page to review the options available for your facility. Some of our flooring options are available with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ramps for wheelchair access, and all offer various fall height protection as required in many cities and townships. Some of our outdoor playground tiles are ASTM fall height rated for falls of up to 10 feet, maximizing the safety of your playground or athletic space.
Benefits of Interlocking Outdoor Flooring
- Highly durable tiles won't crack like asphalt does
- Tiles flex and provide cushion, creating a comfortable, forgiving surface
- Choose from a variety of installation methods, including locking mechanisms and pin and dowel systems