Gym Floor Mats
On Sale In Stock $3.91 per SF Ships out 7-10 Working Days
49 Reviews On Sale In Stock $5.48 per SF Free Shipping Ships out 11-14 Working Days
Gym floor mats are designed to meet the needs of gym facilities in terms of safety, durability, and comfort. They're suitable for use in homes, schools, and professional athletic facilities. Greatmats is proud to offer a wide selection of gym mats in a variety of designs, including interlocking foam tiles, rubber tiles, rolled foam, rubber mats, and vinyl-covered folding gym mats. Versatile and designed with a top performance in mind, these mats are suitable for both large and small installations.
Consider gym floor mats for:
- Martial arts
- Weight training
- Aerobic fitness
- And more
Benefits of Gym Floor Mats
Mats for gym flooring offer a number of different benefits:
- Cushion and shock absorption helps to prevent athlete injury and makes for a more comfortable workout space that allows longer, more intense workouts
- Floor mats offer excellent durability, which is an asset in high-traffic commercial gyms
- Mats provide excellent traction for improved safety and an ideal workout space
- Mats are designed with easy installation in mind, and many can be installed as a DIY project
- Specialty mats designed with the demands of a specific activity in mind can help customize and increase the versatility of your gym with a single type of floor
Choosing the Right Mats for Gym Flooring
Consider the following factors when choosing your new gym mats.
- What types of activities will take place in your gym?
- How large an area will you be working with? Rolled rubber is a practical option for large installation, but you may want to consider interlocking gym floor mats for smaller spaces thanks to their easier maneuverability.
- Will installation be permanent? Folding gym floor mats can offer extra protection when you need it, but can be stored away when you're finished, increasing the versatility of your floors.
- Will you be performing the installation yourself, or will you be hiring professionals?
Greatmats offers a large assortment of mats for gym flooring, so no matter the scope or needs of your project, we're sure to have products to suit your needs. We've highlighted some of our most popular options below.
Foam Gym Floor Mats
Foam is a preferred gym flooring thanks to the excellent cushion and shock absorption it offers. It's an excellent choice for areas where falls or throws are imminent, and can greatly contribute to athlete safety. Foam flooring is available in a number of forms to suit various purposes, including foam tiles and folding mats.
Our folding gym floor mats, also known as competition landing mats, are a temporary flooring solution that can be easily transported, installed, and stored. Folding mats not only offer excellent cushion when used as a flooring, but they serve additional purposes, too:
- When partially folded, these mats can be used as training aids of various heights. The folded mats can help students to learn gymnastics and fitness training skills, offering them the support and height needed until they're proficient enough to perform the skills unassisted.
- When laid flat, these gym mats are rugged enough to withstand heavy use, yet are soft enough for tumbling, grappling, or martial arts sports where skin will be in contact with the floor.
- Folding mats can even be hung on your gym walls to create a safe, shock absorbing buffer to reduce injury in case an athlete ever comes into contact with the wall. They're ideal for lining your walls when practicing tumbling passes, which make it easier for athletes to lose control while in motion.
Versatile and durable, folding gym mats serve multiple applications and are a great investment for any program.
Our cheerleading matsare designed for easy transportation and installation, meaning they can go anywhere your program goes. The mats conveniently roll up, so they're easy to take on the road with you. Alternatively, just store them away until your next practice. Cheerleading mats offer excellent shock absorption to help keep athletes safe, and they're lightweight enough to be easily moved once practice is over and you no longer need the extra flooring protection.
No-Burn Wrestling Mats
We offer wrestling and martial arts floor mats specifically designed for activities where skin contact will meet the mats with force. These mats have no-burn tatami surface textures, which offers proper levels of traction so that athletes avoid floor burns but don't have to sacrifice the grip and traction they need during training and competition.
Martial Arts Mats
Our martial arts floor mats are versatile and designed with athlete safety in mind. Some of these mats are suitable for barefoot use, while others are durable enough for use with shoes or boots. Choose from roll-out or puzzle tile martial arts mats. The puzzle style mats are made of EVA foam. The roll out versions, on the other hand, usually feature a cross-linked polyethylene foam core paired with a durable vinyl surface.
Foam Puzzle-Style Mats
Our foam puzzle-style gym mats are cushioned, forgiving, and frequently used for aerobic exercises. The tiles are lightweight and interlock like puzzle pieces, making installation both easy and fast. We also offer lightweight personal fitness mats that are easy to transport, and that take up minimal storage space.
Rubber Gym Floor Mats
Rubber gym floor mats are durable, strong, and essential for protecting your subfloor. When you'll be bringing heavy exercise equipment, such as treadmills or weightlifting systems, they can damage your floor. Rubber mats are available in multiple thicknesses and offer valuable protection. The thicker the mat, the greater the amount of protection it offers.
Rubber flooring is more durable than foam, but it also creates a denser flooring surface. Unlike foam, which can develop indentations and be damaged by heavy equipment, rubber is an excellent option for flooring underneath gym equipment. Additionally, rubber helps to dampen sound, and also offers a temperature barrier against a cold concrete subfloor. It can make your gym a more enjoyable space to work out.
Types of Rubber Gym Floor Mats
Rubber gym floor mats are available in a number of different forms, including large rubber rolls, straight edge mats, and smaller puzzle or straight edge tiles. Each form is most suitable for different applications.
- Large rubber rolls tend to be the more economical choice if you need to cover a large area. Rubber rolls result in a flooring surface with fewer seams, but you'll need multiple people to install them because of their significant weight.
- Straight edge mats are a simple option if you need to add protection to areas in your gym that see lots of use, such as the floor beneath your gym equipment or in your weight rooms.
- Smaller puzzle or straight edge tiles are ideal when you're working with a smaller area or room. They're easier to transport and install than rubber rolls are.
Rubber flooring creates a gym mat floor with superior durability and strength, and is a great flooring option for weight rooms and high-traffic areas in particular.
Gym Floor Mat Colors
You'll find that most of our gym flooring options are available in a variety of colors. Our puzzle mats generally offer the greatest color selection. You can choose modular tiles in varying colors to create a custom floor that matches your decor, brand, or sports team. Folding gym mats are also available in a number of different colors, so you can order colored mats that match your team or school's color scheme.
Most of our rubber mats are made from recycled materials - particularly, recycled truck tires - and the mats can be recycled again at the end of their usable lives. Most of our rubber flooring is predominantly black because of the recycled tire material. Some products are available with rubber color flecks, and you can choose from different color percentages to get flooring with different appearances.
Flooring Options for Different Sized Installations
Looking for flooring for your home gym? A full-sized gym? A weight room? We have plenty of products that will suit your individual project needs.
Our rubber flooring rolls make a great choice for larger installations. They're the most economical choice for large areas, and result in fewer seams than tiles or smaller mats. Since the rolls themselves are significantly heavy, you will need help for the installation. In the long run, though, rubber rolls can save you money, both because of their lower cost and their excellent durability.
If you're working with a smaller area, then puzzle tiles or straight edge mats may be a more practical choice. Smaller mats and tiles reduce the amount of material that is wasted during an installation, and they offer more versatility when you're working in an area with obstacles like poles. Tiles are easier to both manage and move, and a single person can usually install rubber tiles on their own.
Ordering Your Floor Mats
At Greatmats, we offer top-quality floor mats for gyms that are made to last. Our flooring features high quality materials and craftsmanship, and we've selected each and every product we offer to ensure we're providing you the best quality possible.
If you have questions about which product is right for you, please contact our friendly and knowledgeable floor experts at 877-822-6622.
Commitment to Customers
At Greatmats, your satisfaction with every product and every shopping experience is our number one priority. That's why we offer a price match guarantee, so you know you're always getting the best price when you shop with us. We operate our business according to the Golden Rule model, meaning we treat you just as we would want to be treated.
Because we work so hard to ensure our customers are satisfied with each and every order, we've earned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
There's another reason to feel great about buying from Greatmats: Every purchase you make goes back to the community. We donate 5% of our annual profits to local non-profit organizations, and each purchase you make means we can donate a little bit more.
If you have questions, would like a quote, or would like to request a product sample, please contact our customer service team at 877-822-6622. Our flooring experts would be delighted to help you choose the right flooring for your project.