What Makes the Best Wedding Dance Floor?
Kyle Schurman // 2021
Related Product: EZ Portable Dance Floor
- How Can Someone Determine the Right Size of Wedding Dance Floor?
- What Is the Best Commercial Quality Wedding Dance Floor?
- What Is a Good Wedding Dance Floor on a Budget?
To find the ideal wedding dance floor, it’s important to consider items including:
- Overall size of the dance floor
- Average number of people in attendance
- Type of material in use and style of the flooring
- Portability of the parts of the flooring
- Ease of assembly and disassembly
The Greatmats collection of wedding dance floor products gives customers quite a few selections, creating just the right look at the right price. Whether the customer is a rental company seeking flooring that’s portable and light or a hosting venue that needs to match a certain coverage size, Greatmats has outstanding selections available.
How Can Someone Determine the Right Size of Wedding Dance Floor?When planning a wedding reception with dancing, it can be a challenge to know just how big the flooring should be to accommodate all of the guests. A recommendation of 9 square feet per person works best.
With an average of about 9 square feet available to each person, he or she will feel comfortable about moving freely without worrying about bumping into someone else.
Understand that it’s highly unlikely all of the wedding guests will be on the floor at the same time. An average reception may have about 40 percent of the guests dancing at once, so use this number to calculate the coverage space required to give the guests enough space to dance.
What Is the Best Commercial Quality Wedding Dance Floor?For venues that need to project a professional, high quality look in a wedding dance floor, look for items such as:
- Premium vinyl top layer
- Solid core for stability
- Long lasting materials
- Secure locking mechanism to connect tiles
- Professional quality finish
Among the product ideas in the Greatmats catalog are the Seamless Cam Lock models. These are impressive pieces of hardware. They do have a higher cost than average for a dance flooring for weddings, but the quality of the materials in use easily justifies the price.
Here are four different designs for the Cam Lock flooring that will yield a luxury style of flooring for dances at wedding receptions.
- Portable Dance Floor 3x3 Seamless Wood Grain Cam Lock is available in eight different wood grain finishes in the vinyl layer.
- Portable Dance Floor 3x3 Seamless Solid Color Cam Lock is available in two solid color choices of black or white in the vinyl layer.
- Portable Dance Floor 3x4 Seamless Wood Grain Cam Lock is available in eight different wood grain finishes.
- Portable Dance Floor 3x4 Seamless Solid Color Cam Lock is available in two solid color choices of black or white.
All four of these use the same interlocking system, which features a Cam Lock fastener in the side of each tile that connects to an adjacent tile. This is one of the strongest connection systems available, ensuring a tight, secure fit that is expected in a luxury style of flooring. If installed correctly, there are no concerns about these tiles separating under pressure.
Each tile measures either 3x3 feet or 3x4 feet, depending on the model selected. The larger 3x4 pieces will have a slightly lower cost per square foot than the smaller 3x3 pieces, but the square shapes of the smaller pieces may simplify layout when a perfectly square floor is the desire.
The plywood base layer on each tile measures 1/2 inch in thickness, giving the tiles plenty of stability to handle even large crowds.
For a finishing touch, optional silver aluminum trim is available to create a ramped edge.
What Is a Good Wedding Dance Floor on a Budget?When seeking a less expensive style of dance flooring for wedding receptions, don’t sacrifice style and durability. The EZ Portable Dance Floor is an excellent choice for those seeking to save some money on the materials.
The EZ dance floor product delivers a number of benefits, including:
- Easy installation as a DIY project
- Add more panels to cover a big area
- Uses a hidden interlock system to yield a clean install
- Durable build quality
- Offered in any of six different wood grain patterns
- Black border edging available for the ideal finishing touch
For those wedding receptions held in an outdoor tent, the EZ wedding dance floor is ready for an installation over a firm, flat surface. When going over an extremely hard surface, such as concrete, a thin rubber underlayment works nicely to dampen noise and ease impact. When going over grass or dirt, consider laying out a plywood sublayer to provide support.
The wood grain look exists in the vinyl top layer, which attaches to a firm plastic base layer for stability.
Installation goes easily, as each tile weighs only 2 pounds with a 1x1 foot measurement. These tiles stand up to repeated assembly and disassembly, using a hook and tab hidden interlock system that holds them in place without the need for adhesive.
For more on this topic please review our Dance Flooring product page.