Best Home Gym Flooring Over Carpet for Workout and Exercise
By Created: July, 2017 - Modified: January, 2022
Related Product: StayLock Tile Bump Top Black 9/16 Inch x 1x1 Ft.
PVC Modular Floor Tiles are the Best Home Gym Flooring to Install over CarpetTop Features of the StayLock PVC Athletic Floor Tiles
- They can be used directly over carpeting without presenting a danger to the carpet or the athlete.
- Made of soft PVC, these tiles are flexible and pliable.
- Because they are on a foot system, they elevate the workout surface and provide great cushion.
- They have an active locking connector system requires no glue.
- They provide excellent airflow beneath the tiles making them great for damp areas such as basements.
- They are waterproof and resistant to most acids and oils.
- The tiles fit together tightly and will not separate over time.
- This durable PVC flooring does not require an underlayment.
2 Styles of PVC StayLock Tiles for Home Gyms on CarpetGreatmats offers 2 styles of PVC tiles for exercise flooring that provide a quick and easy DIY installation featuring our StayLock hidden connector design. StayLock Tile Bump Top and StayLock Tile Orange Peel.
How to Install Home Gym PVC Tiles Over CarpetStayLock Orange Peel tiles are excellent for home gym, basement or ergonomic flooring installations. Made of a soft PVC material with a raised base, they are great for providing cushion and are safe for both wet and carpeted areas. These tiles even offer a 20 inch critical fall height rating for safety and are most commonly installed over hard floors such as concrete.
Installing the ergonomic floor tiles over carpeting is easy as the tiles clip snugly together. No tools are required if you are not customizing the floor to accommodate obstacles or wall-to-wall installations. If customization is desired, that’s easy as well. All you’ll need is a tape measure, straight edge, pen and sharp utility knife.
Start in a corner with the loop sides of the tile facing out. Work your way out of the corner evenly in both directions as well as the center. Keeping each tile facing the same direction, press the tabs on the straight edges of the tile down onto the loops of the previously laid tiles until you feel it pop into place.
Once you’ve run out of room for full tiles, measure the distance from the remaining walls to already installed tiles and mark that distance on the tile you’d like to cut. Keep in mind the direction of the tiles when cutting.
Place the cut tiles flush with the wall and your installation is complete. Ramped border pieces are sold separately in both black or yellow options and with tab or loop connections. Corner border ramps have both the tab and the loop connection. Border ramps are connect in the same fashion as the tiles.
StayLock Orange Peel Tiles are available in Terra Cotta, Forest Green, Tan, Black and custom colors.
Home Gym Flooring Installation Tips
Do you still have questions about flooring for your home gym, such as
- What are the best the best floor conditions?
- When do you need sub-flooring?
- How to install home gym flooring on other surfaces like tile, hardwood or concrete?
For more on this topic please review our Vinyl Gym Flooring product page.