How to NominateTo nominate an grappling instructor for this award, email the following information to email@example.com or visit the contest page and fill out the online nomination form before Oct. 26, 2020. Nominators will not be identified.
- Instructor's Name
- Name and location of the martial arts academy (Must be located in the USA)
- A brief description of why you are nominating this instructor, including how he/she meets the criteria of high-level service, integrity and quality.
- A photo and/or video of the Instructor
How the winner is chosen:
- Voting will take place Nov. 2-16, 2020 for the Annual National Grappling Martial Arts Instructor of the Year Award. The two grappling instructors with the most votes will be named finalists.
- Greatmats will interview the two finalists to determine the winner.
- $250 in Greatmats Products for the School
- National Dance Instructor of the Year Certificate
- Runner Up: $150 in Greatmats Products
- Third Prize: $100 in Greatmats Products
- 4th-10th Place: $50 Greatmats Coupon toward purchases of $200 or more
Voting Instructions:Visit Greatmats' contest ballot page during the voting period to vote for this year's National Grappling Martial Arts Instructor of the Year. Click the vote button next to the photo of the grappling instructor you'd like to win. Feel free to share the gallery ballot with friends and family and encourage them to vote.
National Grappling Instructor of the Year History
More than 94,500 votes have cast for martial arts instructors in the first four years of the 6th Annual Greatmats National Award Series. The Greatmats National Award Series, founded in 2015, is designed to recognize instructors, trainers and coaches who have made a positive difference in their communities and the lives of their students. Martial arts instructors began receiving awards in 2016 and the category was split in two beginning in 2019, separating those specializing in striking arts and those specializing in grappling.
Greatmats is a national martial arts flooring leader based in Milltown, Wisconsin, since 1999. Identified as one of the top 3,000 fastest growing companies in the USA three times since 2008, Greatmats gives back to its local community by donating 5% of its annual profits to local non-profit organizations. It also supports green initiatives through the use of solar energy at its Wisconsin headquarters and by offering a large variety of products made from recycled and renewable resources.
View all of Greatmats' martial arts flooring at http://www.greatmats.com/martial-arts-mats.php
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
All media submissions, including text, photos and videos become property of Greatmats.
Read about previous winners of the award:
- 2016 National Martial Arts Instructor of the Year Grandmaster Bryant Harrell
- 2017 National Martial Arts Instructor of the Year Master Ron Poholik - Judo, Taekwondo
- 2018 Martial Arts Instructor of the Year - Erich Podbielski - Taekwondo
- 2019 Grappling Martial Arts Instructor of the Year - Amanda Leve - BJJ