Modular Work Platforms
Aluminum Work Platforms for Standing Workstations
When looking to develop a safer, more ergonomic situation for yourself and your employees, an industrial work platform may be the perfect solution.
Through this elevated unit, you can create a custom workplace that gives team members the proper elevation to work comfortably without having to stretch and strain, which could result in an injury. The work platform is adjustable, allowing it to fit multiple different needs.
Size and Shape Options
At Greatmats, we offer a wide range of sizes of raised platforms that provide the perfect height for doing whatever work is on the to-do list for the day. It is important to match the size of the work platform to the type of work involved, creating the greatest level of safety for you and your team members.
- Length: Our ergonomic platform kits have lengths ranging from 18 inches to 72 inches. Other lengths available include 36 and 54 inches.
- Width: The width options in these kits are either 18 inches or 36 inches.
- Height: Finding just the right height in the aluminum frame is important, and we offer height options of 4 inches, 8 inches, and 12 inches.
The surface tiles on these modular frames each measure 18 by 18 inches. Installers can remove tiles to shrink the work area or connect more tiles to expand the coverage area.
Multiple different materials are part of this work platform.
- Frame: In the frame, the manufacturer uses lightweight aluminum that yields portability. However, aluminum is also sturdy enough that it can remain stationary for long periods while supporting the weight of workers. These frames are reusable over and over again because of their durability.
- Tiles: The tiles that are part of this work platform consist of 100% post-consumer, recyclable polypropylene material. Each tile has a 400-pound load rating and measures 2.75 inches in thickness.
- Rubber feet: When you need to protect the frame from scratching the floor, Greatmats offers rubber feet that fit over the ends of the legs of the frame, preventing gouging and scratching.
When you order a work platform kit, you will receive enough aluminum framing, tiles, and fasteners to create a platform that will provide the desired coverage space.
You can add anti-fatigue mats or ESD mats over the top of the tiles to give the platform extra usefulness and benefits.
Pattern and Texture Options
The tiles that fit across the top of the frame to create the standing platform are available in two different designs.
- Solid: The solid tiles work best in areas where there is no chance of spilled liquids accumulating on the surface of the tiles. These solid tiles will have either a smooth surface or a diamond tread pattern that creates a greater level of traction for those walking across the tiles.
- Perforated: Some of the tiles use a perforated grid design, which allows liquids and spilled powder to fall through to the subfloor. They also allow airflow, making the work area more comfortable. The perforations do not weaken the tile in terms of its 400-pound load rating.
Common Use Options
The primary use case for our platforms is to help employees work at a greater height than by standing on the floor. This platform is a far more comfortable means of working at height than standing on a ladder.
When trying to reach upward to work on something over your head, using the platform can make the job more comfortable and reduce the possibility of suffering some sort of ergonomic injury.
At a factory or along an assembly line, these portable platforms will fit almost any space in the area. If workers need a boost upward of several inches to handle adding a part to a taller product on the assembly line, for example, our sturdy worker platform will provide the ability to work comfortably.
Assembly of this platform kit does not take very long, and it can be a DIY project for the majority of customers.
The kits include anchor screws that will hold the frame of the platform in place, while also connecting the tiles to the frame. Brackets are available to connect different pieces of the frame to create a larger standing area.
For wider and longer coverage areas than normal, connecting the individual tiles will help to stabilize the frame and hold the entire platform together.
Cleaning and Maintenance Requirements
Polypropylene materials are easy to clean, making them ideal for use in industrial settings where spills are common. All of the materials used in the construction of the frames are resistant to corrosion, so they are usable in wet and humid environments.
To clean the surface of the tiles, sweep them with a broom or use a vacuum cleaner on them to remove dry debris.
To wet clean the tiles, customers may use a mop to apply a gentle detergent or a neutral pH solution to the polypropylene. It is also possible to power wash the entire kit, including the frame and the tiles, with water alone.