What's The Easiest Plank Flooring To Install?
By Created: August, 2021
Related Product: Cottage Tour Laminate SPC Flooring 19.12 Sq Ft per Carton
Vinyl plank flooring is very popular for a number of reasons. It is attractive, durable with its multi layer design, and easy to keep clean. It is also a breeze to install, making it the perfect solution for a DIY project.
The Installation Process
- Bring the flooring into the room or space in which it will be installed to make sure it’s properly acclimated to the temperature and humidity levels of the space before the actual installation takes place.
- Make sure the subfloor is clean, smooth, dry, solid, and prepared according to manufacturer guidelines.
- Measure the room and decide how the entire floor will lay out, to ensure that planks on either side of the room are similar in size.
- Start installing by selecting a corner of the room to loose lay the planks. If they don’t fit perfectly, cut to fit (measure, mark, score, cut, and snap). Make sure the plank tongue faces the wall. Insert the end joints into the grooves at a 10-20 degree angle. Leave a ⅛ inch gap for expansion.
- Keep seams tight with no visible gaps.
- Continue the installation of new rows by attaching the sides of the planks. Interlock the planks end joint side, first.
- Once flooring is installed, finish the project with any base board or transition strips.
The Best Click Plank FlooringOf the many different plank flooring products available at Greatmats, the following 5 are among the best and most popular:
- Cottage Tour SPC Flooring
- Magnitude Premium Vinyl Flooring Planks
- Stock House SPC Flooring
- Mediterranean Scene SPC Flooring
- Envee Rigid Core LVT Planks
These are all installed using a click-together method, so the wide planks attach to each other without the need to be bonded to each other or a subfloor. Instead, the resulting floor is a floating one.
All of these products are great hardwood alternatives, with many benefits and features. They are waterproof, attractive, versatile, and durable, and regardless of the product you choose, you will be satisfied with everything it delivers.
It features a robust watershield core and is phthalate free and Floor Score certified. It has beveled edges, a sound control underlayment, reclaimed wood graphics and is available in various shades of brown and gray. It will last for years with its 35-year residential warranty.
This product has unique Nanosilver technology that is antibacterial and antifungal, inhibiting the growth of bacteria and fungi. It’s safe for people and pets, and it’s available in a variety of oak, hickory, and other natural wood designs.
This flooring has a wire brush texture and painted beveled edges. It has a realistic wood grain design, and it’s phthalate free and Green Guard Gold certified. It’s suitable for home, cabin, cottage, bathroom, or commercial settings.
Six foot SPC plank flooring is GreenGuard certified and has a .5 mm wear layer. It’s suitable for residential, commercial, cabin, bathroom, kitchen, apartment, and condo installations.
These luxury vinyl planks are beautiful with their high-resolution imagery. The flooring resembles real, natural wood, yet, it’s mold and mildew resistant, slip resistant, and offers anti-fatigue benefits. This superior product is among the best laminate flooring for rough settings.
Greatmats - For The Best Plank Flooring That’s Easy To InstallEach of the products highlighted are superior flooring solutions that would be suitable for numerous applications. They are easy to install, scratch resistant, durable, versatile, attractive, and long lasting. They are also pet and kid friendly.
If you have questions about these products, including installation or measuring questions, just reach out to the staff at Greatmats. They are friendly and knowledgeable and can help make the ordering or installing process an easy one.
For more on this topic please review our LVT Flooring - Luxury Vinyl Tiles product page.