Rubber Gym Mats, Gym Rubber Mat, Rolls and Tiles for Gym Floors
Home rubber gym mats, Interlocking rubberized gym matting, Dense rubber mats
Rubber Gym Mats Customers
Rubber Gym Mats How To's
Rubber Gym Mats Ideas - View All
Rubber Gym Mats Features
Interlocking Rubber Gym Mats
Interlocking rubber gym mats are convenient to install, making them a favorite choice for residential applications, such as home gyms. These rubber mats can be dry laid with no adhesive, and they stack nicely in small spaces like closets or in car trunks or the back of an SUV. These mats are especially convenient if you plan to relocate someday.
Installing these interlocking mats is easy. Simply piece the tiles together like a jigsaw puzzle, press along the seams to connect, and you're done. If you want a wall-to-wall installation, you can easily cut the mats with a utility knife and a straightedge for a customized fit. For thicker tiles, placing a 2x4 board underneath the tile can help with the cutting process.
These interlocking mats are a great choice for use under both treadmills and weight benches. Most users opt for a standard 8mm or 3/8 inch thickness. If you know that heavy weights in excess of 100 pounds will be regularly dropped on the mats, then it's best to upgrade to a 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick mat to provide extra protection.
Interlocking rubber gym mats offer the following benefits:
- Easy to install, as there's no adhesive required.
- Mats are easy to manage, and can fit in the back of most SUVs.
- Various thicknesses help to provide proper protection to the subfloor from dropped weights.
- Mats can be cut with a knife for wall-to-wall installations
Plyometric Rubber Gym Mats
Plyometric rubber flooring is less dense than other rubber flooring and is specifically designed for aerobics. This rubber provides fatigue relief for jumping, running and other aerobic exercise. The softer and more forgiving surface is much more comfortable than your traditional hard rubber floor. This flooring helps to protect the athlete as well as the floor and equipment, and it is an excellent tool to help reduce the risk of injury to an athlete's bones and joints.
Plyometric rubber flooring offers the following benefits:
- Softer, more forgiving surface makes for more comfortable aerobic workouts.
- Specially designed surface helps to reduce the risk of injury to bones and joints.
- Floor requires no adhesive, so installation is simple and makes a great DIY project.
- Material is designed to withstand the weight of exercise equipment, making for a great multi-purpose room.
Rolled Rubber Mats
Rolled rubber mats are the most economical flooring option. Rolled rubber is a popular option for commercial facilities, and because of its larger size, it creates fewer floor seams in weight rooms. Rolled rubber flooring can be installed with either adhesive or with tape, but adhesives are not always necessary.
We offer a pre-cut and pre-packaged roll of rubber that is 4x10 ft. x 1/4 inch in size for residential applications, but rolled rubber is available in varying thicknesses and lengths. Larger rolls are heavy, and they aren't as easily installed and transported as interlocking rubber floor tiles.
Rolled rubber mats offer the following benefits:
- The most economical choice, rolled rubber is often used in commercial facilities.
- Rolled rubber can be installed with adhesive or tape; adhesives aren't always necessary.
- The larger size of this rubber flooring creates flooring with fewer seams, making it ideal for large areas
Thick Rubber Gym Mats
For large facilities where Olympic weightlifting takes place, or where heavy weights are regularly dropped, we suggest our high density rubber mats in 3/4 inch thickness. This style of high density rubber mat provides excellent floor protection, and will last significantly longer than thinner rubber floors.
A thick, high density rubber mat provides the following advantages:
- Superior subfloor protection that can withstand heavy weights
- More durable than thinner mats, these high density mats will maximize your investment.
When investing in weight bench mats, you'll have plenty of choices in terms of both color and style. The most economical option for rubber flooring is confetti. Confetti rubber flooring is manufactured from recycled tires. Scraps from other rolls and whitewalls from tires are also added to the batch. This creates a random and indiscriminate hodgepodge of color throughout the roll. If you need flooring for an area where floor protection is required but aesthetics are not a concern, confetti rubber flooring will be your most economical option.
Various weight bench rubber mats and rubber flooring are also available with different more controlled color fleck options. You can usually choose from a wide variety of colors. Some products offer various percentages of color fleck options, where some products (such as plyometric rubber) are available only in black. Please click on the colors tab for the product you're interested in to see the options available for that particular product.
Alternatives to Rubber
If you're looking for a softer floor for your home gym or commercial installation, you may want to consider our medium or high density foam gym mats. Foam gym mats are easy to install, though they don't offer the same durability of rubber weight bench mats and aren't recommended for use in high-traffic areas, or in areas that will see significant weights dropped.
We also offer modular lock together floor tiles, such as our Staylock Floor Tiles. These lock together tiles are a durable gym flooring option that offers cushion and ergonomic benefit for aerobic type exercises. At the same time, this tile is durable enough to withstand dropped hand weights, and will also carry the load of your exercise equipment.
Shipping of rubber mats depends on the specific product you order and the quantity you need. Some mats will ship via ground service. Larger interlocking tiles, mats, and rolls ship via freight delivery. Some rubber gym mat material is in stock and ready to ship out in a few days. Other products, especially custom orders, will need several weeks for production time. Please consult with one of our professional rubber gym mats specialists for assistance.
Rubber gym mats and flooring provide many benefits:
- Thick, strong mats protect your subfloor from damage from dropped weights.
- Durable mats last for years, even in high traffic areas.
- Mats provide a comfortable surface with appropriate traction.
- A fully matted gym or workout area is aesthetically pleasing and looks professional.
- Rubber mats provide insulation against the cold for a more pleasant environment.
- Mats dampen the noise in gym environments.
A high density rubber mat can transform your weight room or gym's environment. Mats contribute to a more pleasant weight room environment, and create a professional appearance.
If you're running a commercial gym, rubber mats are essential to creating a safe and appealing weight room. Rubber mats can help:
- Protect your investment in both your gym subfloor and your weight lifting equipment
- Establish your gym or weight room as a professional facility
- Revitalize an older gym with a new professional floor
Consider using weight bench mats for the following applications:
- Create professional flooring in a commercial gym or weight room.
- Use in your home workout space or convert a garage or basement to a gym.
- Revitalize an old gym or weight room.
Let's take a look at some of the options that you'll have when shopping for thick rubber mats for gym areas.