Concrete & Wood Surfaces Cork & Rubber Flooring Underlayment
Cork rubber floor underlayments, AcousticCork rubber and cork floor underlayments in stock
Floor Underlayment Rubber, Cork and Sound Customers
Floor Underlayment Rubber, Cork and Sound How To's
Floor Underlayment Rubber, Cork and Sound Ideas
Floor Underlayment Rubber, Cork and Sound Features
Benefits of Flooring Underlayment
- Reduce sound vibrations and sound movement between floors of residential and commercial buildings
- Provide cushion to the repetitive motions on hard athletic surfaces, or cushion flooring laid on top of a concrete subfloor
- Help to even out minor subfloor imperfections for a more stable floor
- Keep flooring warmer by preventing cold from traveling from the subfloor to the floor
- Help to prevent moisture from permeating the floor (when you purchase underlayment with a vapor barrier)
Rubber Flooring Underlayment
The most common type of underlayment used is rubber underlayment. Versatile and offering excellent sound dampening properties, rubber can be installed in areas where moisture may be an issue. Rubber is mold and mildew resistant, making it a great choice for many applications. Rubber underlayment can be loose laid or installed with glue, staples, or tape. We offer rubber floor underlayment in a variety of thicknesses and designs to suit your project.
Rubber Floor Underlayment Benefits
- Mold and mildew resistant - rubber can be used in environments where moisture is an issue
- Sound dampening for a quieter environment
- Permanently resilient - rubber will not get brittle with time
- Environmentally friendly - many options are made of recycled rubber, and can be recycled again in the future
Rubber underlayment is available for athletic installations. Athletic floor underlayment is designed to cushion the impact of repetitive motions on hard surfaces under modular tile sport floors. This underlayment provides cushion from hard surfaces, like concrete, and does not break down or compact over time. You can dry lay this underlayment for a simple installation.
Cork underlayment is a popular choice for both commercial and residential buildings where dampening sound is a priority. Cork provides a number of benefits. It dramatically dampens sound for a more pleasant environment. Cork also has a 'spring back' property that allows the cork to return to its original shape, even after being compressed. Additionally, cork is filled with air, making it a great thermal insulator.
Cork Underlayment Benefits:
- Excellent sound reduction, both in-room and below-room
- Thermal insulation properties keep flooring warm underfoot
- Durable material won't compress over time
- Mildew, mold, and moisture resistant for a healthier living environment
- Environmentally renewable resource
Our cork underlayments are available in sheets for easy handling and simplified installation. Consider our 3mm Cork Underlayment Roll for use when the floor ceiling assembly system is ceramic, natural stone or wood with a suspended ceiling.
The AcoustiCork PR60 4-6mm Wave Textured PR60 offers top-quality high performance sound control. This underlayment is suitable for engineered wood or laminate flooring in multi-family applications, and the unique wave texture minimizes direct comfort with the subfloor. This innovative design results in a 25-point improvement in impact noise transmission. This is the highest documented performance for an underlayment less than 1/4 inch thick x 4 feet wide.
For a thicker underlayment, consider our 12mm Cork Underlayment, available in a 2x3 foot sheet for easy handling and installation.
Rubber Cork Underlayment
Rubber cork underlayment combines the properties of both rubber and cork underlayment. This underlayment is most frequently favored due to its crack suppression properties; it can help to prevent cracks in your flooring tile as a building settles over time. It also offers excellent thermal insulation, making for a more comfortable floor.
Rubber Cork Underlayment Benefits:
- Aids in crack suppression as buildings settle over time
- Thermal insulation properties keep flooring warm underfoot
- Sound dampening properties make for a quieter environment
- Expands and contracts with your flooring
- Mold and mildew resistant for a healthier environment
Please note that rubber cork underlayment should not be installed under linoleum due to the potential of staining the tile.
If you're looking for a top-quality rubber cork underlayment, then consider the AcoustiCork RC1000 10mm 15-Foot Roll. This underlayment combines renewable cork and recycled rubber, making an underlayment that provides the ultimate in sound control. The underlayment can be used with virtually any hard surface flooring. This roll is also available in a 5mm thickness to meet or exceed building code and/or developer or condominium association requirements.
Our SilentTread Rubber Sound Underlayment 1/2-Inch x 25 Foot Roll offers excellent sound reduction properties. This product has three times the sound dampening weight of competitors' products, and is suitable for both commercial and residential flooring. This sound underlayment is made from recycled tires, and can help toward LEED Green Building Council Certification. The rubber floor underlayment is mold and mildew resistant, and will not be crushed or degraded.
If you're working in an area where moisture may be an issue, then consider the SilentTread XL with Vapor Barrier Rubber Underlayment. This product offers the same exceptional noise reduction as other SilentTread rubber underlayments, but it also includes a vapor barrier. This rubber subfloor has a laminated polypropylene film that prevents flooring damage due to vapor transmission through a concrete subfloor. It's an excellent way to help protect the flooring that you are investing in.
Choosing Your Underlayment Product
Greatmats offers a variety of quality underlayments suitable for the home project to the commercial application. As you explore your options, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Our Flooring Experts would be happy to help you choose the product that is just right for your project and needs. They can also provide you with product samples and can give you detailed information on shipping.