How Much Do 4x6 Rubber Mats Cost?
By Created: March, 2021 - Modified: March, 2021
Related Product: Gym Rubber Interlocking Center Tile Colors 3/4 Inch x 4x6 Ft.
There are many different types of 4x6 rubber mats for sale, and knowing which type of mat you need and how many mats you need depends on the purpose they will serve. Understanding how much mats costs will also depend on those factors.
Greatmats offers a wide variety of 4x6 rubber stall mats and 4x6 rubber gym mats of varying thicknesses and styles. Here is a snapshot of some of the most popular choices, including their cost, warranty information, and suitable uses and application for each:
- Rubber Interlocking Gym Mats - ¾ Inch thick. These are priced at around $100 each, or roughly $4.60 per square foot. They come with a 5-year limited warranty and are often used in home gyms, weight rooms, and professional gyms. The interlocking edges help create a seamless flooring system.
- Sundance Mats - ¾ Inch thick - Straight Edge Standard. These are priced at around $57.50 each, or, around $2.40 per square foot. They come with a 10-year limited warranty, and they are often used in horse stalls, CrossFit Gyms, and weight rooms.
- Black Gym Rubber Floor Mats - ½ Inch Thick. These are priced at around $59.50 each, or, just under $2.50 per square foot. They come with a 5-year limited warranty, and they are used in gyms and weight rooms.
- Button Top - ½ inch thick. These are priced at around $43.75 each, or, around $1.82 per square foot. They come with a 12-year limited warranty, and they are used in horse stalls, wash bays, entrance areas, foaling stalls, and roof tops.
- Bundle of 25 Natural Rubber Mats - ¾ inch thick. These are priced at around $1,170.00 per pack, or around $2 per square foot. They come with a 12-year warranty, and they are used in horse stalls, industrial areas, and gyms.
- Interlocking ShokLok Center Tiles - ¾ inch thick. These are priced at about $79.20 each, or about $3.65 per square foot. They come with a 5-year warranty, and they are used in gyms, fitness centers, and industrial workstations.
- Gym Interlocking Center Tiles - ¾ inch thick. These are priced at about $57.60 each, or about $2.40 per square foot. They come with a 5-year warranty, and they are used in home gyms, weight rooms, professional gyms, and weight rooms.
- Natural Eco Rubber Gym Mats - ¾ inch thick. These are priced at about $56.40 each, or about $2.35 per square foot. They come with a 5-year limited warranty, and they are used in gyms, weight rooms, and horse stalls.
- Natural Eco Rubber Gym Mats - ½ inch thick. These are priced at about $55.75 each, or about $2.30 per square foot. They come with a 5-year limited warranty, and they are used in gyms, weight rooms, and horse stalls.
How Many 4x6 Rubber Stall Mats Do You Need For A 10x10 Space?Most horses will be comfortable in a 10x10 horse stall. This stall provides a safe, controlled space that can keep a horse out of the weather elements, and it can also keep his movement limited to allow him to heal from an injury. If outfitted with 4x6 rubber stall mats, it can even keep your horse more clean and comfortable.
In thinking about a 10x10 foot show or stall space, you may be wondering how many 4x6 rubber stall mats you should supply for the floor. To cover a 100 square foot space, you would need four full 4x6 rubber stall mats and another partial mat that will need to be custom cut. So plan on purchasing five 4x6 rubber stall mats to cover a 10x10 space.
You can easily cut a stall mat if you have a straightedge and a sharp utility knife. After marking the mat where you would like to cut it, place a 2x4 board under the area you’d like to cut. Using your straightedge as a guide, use your utility knife to score your mat. Make a series of shallow scores - allowing the cut to open as the mat folds over the 2x4 board. Continue scoring until all the way through the mat, and the mat falls away. This is the easiest method to use to cut any heavy duty rubber product. Although a power saw could be used, the friction created by the non-slip rubber material could grip the blade, resulting in rough cuts and damaged blades. In some cases, it may be helpful to spray a lubricant, such as WD-40 on the blades to reduce friction. No worries. As long as that utility knife is sharp, the scoring process is easy.
How Much Do 4x6 Rubber Gym Mats Weigh?4x6 rubber gym mats are relatively heavy, especially in comparison to foam and most thin flooring materials. Typically, if rubber mats are ½ inch thick, they weigh roughly 3 pounds per square foot. If they are ¾ inch thick, they typically weigh about 4 pounds per square foot. The weight of a rubber mat is an attractive feature, as once installed or put in place, they don’t often move around easily. They are also durable and robust, and their weight helps them to endure heavy use and abuse.
Greatmats - For All Different Types Of 4x6 Rubber Mats!Whether one of the nine most popular rubber mat options highlighted will suit your needs and preferences, or, whether you want to explore other rubber flooring options available at Greatmats, there really are many to choose from, from other sizes, thicknesses, and colors with different surface textures, features, and benefits.
For example, if you want a mat that is tough enough to be used anywhere, choose one of the horse stall mats. They are among the most versatile mats available. They can be used for so many things aside from providing flooring in a barn. These durable rubber mats work well in garage settings, gyms, weight rooms, vet clinics, dog kennels, basements, and so much more. They are an economical way to provide a solid and durable footing that is non-absorbent and resistant to most stains. Rubber stall mats are heavy duty - simply because they are designed to support large and heavy equine animals and livestock.
Regardless of the mat you select, it’s important to find one that will keep your space attractive, dry, and comfortable. Think about other aspects of a mat that are important to you - the ease of installation, cost, material, and comfort, and one of the Greatmats’ knowledgeable customer service representatives will be able to assist you with choosing the option that best suits your preferences.
For more on this topic please review our Rubber Mats product page.