Top 5 Floors for Animal Shelters
By Created: September, 2017 - Modified: July, 2021
Related Product: Foam Mats Economy 1/2 Inch x 2x2 Ft.
1. Price: Foam Mats Economy 1/2 InchA quick look at customer reviews for Foam Mats Economy reveals why this product is one of Greatmat's most popular indoor dog pen flooring. Not only do these floors come at the stress-free price of $.99 per square foot, they are designed with a stress-free installation process. Simply lay tiles down side by side to connect the puzzle-piece edges. Because they are so easy to install and uninstall if needed, Foam Mats save on time and costs down the line.
Each economy foam dog floor mat is designed with a thatch, non-slip surface that is cushioned for maximum comfort. These dog floors mats are also waterproof. They come in several colors that make it fun and simple to design a vibrant, creative floor plan. With Foam Mats Economy, one can instantly turn any cold, hard surface into into an inviting and enjoyable animal shelter area.
2. Indoor Kennels: 2x2 ft x 3/4 inch black punter topBlack Punter Top indoor dog pen flooring guarantees a durable floor perfect for inside kennels. Made of 3/4 inch thick high-quality rubber, these tiles are specifically designed to stand up to wear and tear prone environments. Heavy loads, big messes, and harsh use is no match for Punter Top rubber dog mats. Not only do these tiles perform year after year in intense conditions, but they provide a comfortable surface for feet and paws alike.
With an uncomplicated, puzzle-piece connection system, these tiles are convenient to install. Each tile is 2 x 2 feet and weights 17 pounds, so if these dog floor mats ever need to be transported and reinstalled, they are easy to handle for such a heavy-duty floor. Even after many installations, tiles stay tight-fitting and nearly seamless. Damp mopping with a pH neutral cleaner is all it takes to clean these rubber dog mats.
3. Indoor/Outdoor Runs: Staylock Perforated TileFor awesome animal shelter flooring that can be used both indoors and outdoors, Greatmats recommends Staylock Perforated Tiles. These dog floor tiles are made in the USA out of high-quality, durable plastic material. While StayLock tiles are designed for long-lasting strength, they are also designed to offer traction and comfort at all times, even when wet. Tiles have rounded edges on the under-structure and are safe to put directly on top of rubber roofing membranes.
This outdoor and indoor dog pen flooring is perforated for maximum drainage and airflow. The PVC material makes these tiles naturally resistant to oils, acids and toxic chemicals, while an anti-fungal additive fights off bacteria and mold. When tiles do get dirty, just mop or hose them off with warm water and a general floor cleaner (avoid bleach). Whether going inside or outside, these tiles are super easy to install. Ultimately, customers rave about StayLock Perforated Tiles. Check out StayLocks' customer reviews on greatmats.com and discover all the reasons buyers love this outdoor and indoor dog pen flooring.
4. Outdoor Play Areas: Artificial Grass Turf UltimatePet per SFArtificial Grass Turf UltimatePet dog flooring instantly turns any cold, hard surface into an outdoor play paradise. UltimatePet dog pen flooring creates a cushioned, luxurious space with the aesthetic of a perfect lawn without the complications of real grass. Unlike natural grass, artificial turf will not be torn or dug up by excited paws. Maintenance is a piece of cake; you'll never have to water, trim or mow these turf rolls. With special UV inhibitors that protect fibers from fading, artificial grass stays vibrant and green over the years.
Each dog flooring roll provides a 100 percent permeable backing, guaranteed to drain cleaner than any other synthetic grass or real glass. Tiles are designed with a superior thatch that strikes a balance between soft and supportive, durable yet cushioned. This product comes with an 8-year non-prorated warranty.
5. Indoor Play Areas: Rubber Flooring Rolls 1/4 Inch Black GenevaFor convenient, no-nonsense indoor play area flooring, check out Rubber Flooring Rolls (1/4 Inch Black Geneva). This rubber flooring roll instantly creates a durable space for pets to roam around or play in. Rubber flooring is dense and compact at 1/4 inches thick, so it is can withstand any and all heavy loads and animal usage. This flooring is extremely long lasting, even under all the bustle of puppy play time.
This rubber dog flooring is plain and simple, from installation to upkeep. Simply unroll the rubber floor into whatever area you please. For wall-to-wall installations, you can cut the rubber using a sharp utility knife. For larger areas, it's best to tape down edges with double sided tape. If a wider floor is desired, simply tape rolls together. These rubber flooring rolls are considered a green product and may contribute to LEED points in green buildings.
More Questions?If you still have questions or concerns about choosing dog floor mats for an animal shelter, Greatmats' customer service team can help you make up your mind. Greatmats is proud to offer knowledgeable and professional sales staff always at the ready to help answer any questions, find you the best possible prices, or provide you with samples.
For more on this topic please review our Dog Daycare Flooring product page.