Aerobic Mats and Flooring Products
Aerobics Flooring, The Top 5 Floor Options for your Studio
Find the top 5 best aerobics flooring options.
By Julia Nass // 2017
Related Product: Martial Arts Karate Mat Premium 1 Inch
What is Aerobic Flooring Exercise?Aerobics is a form of exercise that focuses on cardiovascular health but combines strength training and flexibility for general wellness and fitness. Aerobic exercise takes shape in myriad of forms of activity, techniques and equipment, from step and dance classes to spinning on stationary bikes and running on treadmills.
What Kind of Home Gym Flooring is Best for Aerobics?Because this type of exercise is diverse, it's important to find aerobic flooring that is diverse as well.
- Aerobics flooring should adhere to both floor work and exercise equipment such as stationary bikes or ellipticals.
- Floors should be anti-fatigue and shock absorbent for the health of joints and muscles.
- Home gym floors for aerobics should also be non-slip and water-resistant as a defense against spilled water, sweat and other moisture.
- Finally, because one will be getting up close and personal with the floor while exercising on it, floors should be hygienic and easy to clean.
In general, Greatmats also prioritizes flooring choices that are quick and easy to install, economical and aesthetically pleasing. In consideration of these factors, Greatmats' top 5 home gym flooring choices for aerobic exercise are as follows.
1. Martial Arts Karate Mat Premium 1 InchAlthough Martial Arts Karate Mats are indeed designed for martial arts, the top-notch quality of the flooring adheres to several types of aerobics exercise as well. These puzzle-piece like tiles are made from a dense, firm EVA foam with a smooth leather surface. Once broken in, these tiles offer a controlled slip surface and anti-fatigue benefits, so they are supportive and protective of the body.
Martial Arts Karate Mats make it quick and easy to transform a hard, cold surface into one that invites floor work and exercise. Tiles are removable and portable and make sense for both temporary and permanent installations. These foam tiles are water-resistant, but they can (and should be) also cleaned regularly with a vacuum. A damp mop, basic household cleaner and hot water can be used as necessary.
These home aerobics flooring tiles are designed for barefoot and soft shoes use only, which makes them ideal for aerobics exercise that does not require heavy equipment. However, if you plan on utilizing aerobics equipment, Greatmats recommends the following home gym flooring choices.
2. Dance and Stage Pro Full RollDance and Stage Pro Full Roll is a thick, professional looking flooring most commonly used for dance stages. This durable flooring holds up underneath both soft and hard shoes and all types of aerobics exercise equipment. The floor is specially designed for the striking movement and impact of dance, which transfers over to all aerobics exercises as well.
The multi-purpose vinyl home gym flooring comes in six different attractive colors. This vinyl roll can be installed permanently or semi-permanently with either a tape-down or glue-down installation method. For custom cut lengths of this home gym flooring, contact Greatmats' friendly customer service. Flooring will not absorb water and can be easily cleaned by sweeping, vacuuming, and damp mopping.
3. Max Tile Raised Floor TilesMax Tile Raised Floor Tiles are one of Greatmats' most diversely used and popular home gym aerobic flooring options. They used for everything from basketball courts to yoga studios. The reason Max Tiles appeal to so many different types of use is because of their attractive design (in everything from wood-grain to slate), ease of installation, portability, and their surface longevity.
Made with a polypropylene base tray and a raised vinyl top, these tiles are also great choices for damp rooms such as the basement. Because the tiles are raised, air can flow underneath them, which protects flooring from moisture buildup and potentially harmful bacteria. Further, tiles are scratch and wear resistant with a 15-year wear layer on the surface.
Tiles snap together with a tab and loop connecting system. They are tight fitting and hide seams, so you'll never have to worry about tripping over an uneven surface. These tiles are a great fit for multi-purpose rooms as they can withstand the weight of not just sports equipment, but chairs, tables, etc. Rubber flooring can always be installed underneath tiles to add an extra layer of sound and thermal insulation.
4. Plyometric Rubber RollLooking for an economic option with great value? Plyometric Rubber Rolls are the go-to choice. Plyometric Rubber Rolls come at a low price but are extremely tough and long-lasting. This aerobics flooring is designed to withstand the repetition of explosive movements in a rigorous workout. The full five-year guarantee that comes with the flooring backs up Greatmats' promise of serious durability.
Available in 1/2- and 3/8-inch thicknesses, Plyometric Rubber Rolls are super shock-absorbent. The home gym floor mat can be installed with or without adhesives, although adhesives are recommended if being used underneath other athletic aerobics flooring. Maintain cleanliness by vacuuming and an occasional damp mopping. Always use a pH neutral cleaner with rubber flooring. Keep in mind that the porous structure of the rubber makes drying it out take slightly longer than with other dense rubber flooring.
5. Athletic Vinyl Padded RollLast but not least, Greatmats' Athletic Vinyl Padded Roll offers an economical, classy looking floor with the perfect balance of sturdiness and cushion. This aerobics mat flooring features a synthetic wood-grain design surface fusion bonded to a 5 mm rubber base. The result is a floor that is sound and shock-absorbent yet hard-wearing underneath both rolling and static loads.
Bounce Athletic Vinyl Padded Rolls comes in four different colors. The home gym flooring installs seamlessly with a simple roll out. Rolls can be maintained by dry sweeping, vacuuming, or damp mopping with a neutral detergent. Unlike real wood floors, polish or wax is never needed with this type of home gym floor mat.
As always, Greatmats is here to help support you in finding the perfect home gym and aerobic flooring or aerobics mat. If you're not sold on any of the above, contact Greatmats customer service. A friendly, inviting staff can help guide you to finding the perfect floor for your fitness.
For more on this topic please review our Aerobic Mats and Flooring product page.