The Cost Of A Turf Baseball Field
By Created: November, 2021 - Modified: November, 2021
Related Product: Greatmats Baseball Turf Pro Plus 3mm Foam
The best turf baseball fields will have commercial grade synthetic grass installed, ranging in price from about $2.10 per square foot to about $3.50 per square foot - not installed. Plus, it’s generally a good idea to pad the fences for the safety of your athletes. The cost of wall padding also varies depending upon whether it is covering a chain link fence or a solid wall, and how high the wall is - even whether it is designed for indoor or outdoor stadium use.
Greatmats offers the very best turf and wall padding products that fall within this price range, with the following products being among the most popular:
- Greatmats Baseball Turf Pro Plus 3mm Foam - Approximately $3.35/square foot
- Play Ball II Artificial Grass Turf Roll- Approximately $3.50/square foot
- Bermuda Artificial Grass Turf Roll - Approximately $3.00/square foot
- Sof Step 200 Artificial Grass Turf Roll- Approximately $2.95/square foot
- All Sport Artificial Grass Turf Roll - Approximately $2.10/square foot
- Outdoor Field Wall Padding for Chain Link Fences 8 ft x 4 ft - Approximately $485 each
These turf baseball field options are made of high quality materials and are designed to last. They look fabulous and perform well for years to come, and they each deliver some fabulous features and benefits.
One important aspect to consider when figuring out the cost of a turf baseball field is the specific type and size of field you are working with. Here are some of the different types of fields with their approximately sizes provided and average turf costs based on the $2.10 - $3.50 per square foot average pricing of the 5 highlighted turf products:
Approximate Area of Infield Turf:
- High School, College, and Pro: 6,800 square feet of infield turf = $14,280 - $23,800
- Little League: 2,850 square feet of infield turf = $5,985 - $9,975
Estimated Total Turf Area (Outfields Will Vary)
- College and Pro: 120,000 sq ft average = $252,000 - $420,000
- High School: 105,000 sq ft average = $220,500 - $367,500
- Little League (9-12 year olds) and Babe Ruth (5-12 year olds): 40,000 sq ft average = $84,000 - $140,000
- Babe Ruth (13-15 year olds): 55,000 sq ft average = $115,500 - $192,500
- Babe Ruth (16-18 year olds): 76,000 sq ft average = $159,600 - $266,000
Artificial Baseball Field TurfSome of these price ranges are quite broad, and nailing down the exact cost will depend on the specific turf product you choose.
It is only suitable for an indoor turf baseball field, but it truly delivers a realistic look and feel. It is a durable option that is made in the USA with top notch nylon backing.
With a short pile height for a true ball roll, this comfortable and realistic turf works well for baseball or softball and accommodates all types of sport shoes. It provides an excellent level of traction, as well.
This particular product is suitable for baseball, agility sports training, specialty sports, indoor sports, and trade shows. It’s constructed from yarn with polypropylene plastic material that’s available in a pine green or spring green color. It offers cushioned comfort for athletes and sports enthusiasts.
This turf is designed to allow water to pass through it, so it’s suitable for outdoor areas where rainfall is a regular occurrence. It’s a low maintenance product that looks great and performs well.
This baseball turf reacts naturally and delivers improved durability and safety. It provides consistent performance over time and use, and it’s virtually maintenance free. It can be installed on concrete or a compacted aggregate base with equally good results, and it’s perfect for baseball, softball and t-ball.
Baseball Wall Padding
The number of panels you’ll need will greatly depend on the size of your outfield.
For more on this topic please review our Baseball Turfs product page.