What Are The Pros And Cons Of Fake Grass?
By Created: April, 2021 - Modified: April, 2021
Related Product: V Max Artificial Grass Turf 3/4 Inch x 15 Ft. Wide 5mm Pad Per SF
Greatmats specializes in some of the best artificial turf and grass products that money can buy. Where the list of pros is quite long, there really are not many cons. Although real grass gives you the unmatched aesthetic appeal, fresh smell, and cozy carpet feel underfoot, fake grass delivers many features and benefits, as well.
Although fake grass has been used for years in sporting arenas and athletic venues, it is now used in many other areas where weather conditions prevent the perfect conditions for a lush lawn.
- Safe. Greatmats’ Artificial turf and grass products are safe, healthy options. They are non toxic, without the use of any dangerous materials being used in the production of them. Also, no pesticides or fertilizers are needed to keep the artificial grass attractive and bug free. That makes artificial grass safer for you, your family, and the environment.
Real grass also provides a secure and even surface layer, making it safe to run and play sports on without worrying about tripping on a hump or divot that could be present if the grass was real.
- Healthy. Real grass can do a number on people who suffer from allergies. Not with fake grass, though. There is no grass pollen, as there is no growth.
- Low maintenance. Once installed, fake turf and grass are relatively maintenance free. It also reduces water consumption and aids in water conservation, making turf an eco-friendly solution.
Real grass, on the other hand, needs to be watered, fertilized, sprayed for weeds, and mowed to keep it looking fresh and lush.
- Durability. Fake turf and grass are extremely tough. They are designed with materials that are able to endure heavy use and abuse, and they are often stain resistant, fade resistant, and pet proof. They are easy to clean when the need arises, and they are made to last.
- Value. When you get a quality product from Greatmats, the artificial grass will last for years, paying for itself over and over with its reduction of expenses associated with ongoing lawn maintenance. It also boosts the value of your business, facility, or home.
- Versatility. There are artificial turfs designed for use both indoors and out. And they can be installed over a variety of different surfaces. The same can not be said for real grass.
- Smell. Not that artificial grass stinks, but it certainly doesn’t offer the fresh, earthy smell that a nice lawn does. If spills or messes happen on it, be sure to clean them so smells don’t fester.
- Quality. Not all artificial grass products are made the same, and some look and feel cheap. Choose one from Greatmats to ensure you are getting the best.
- Initial cost. Although the initial cost of purchasing and installing artificial turf may seem high, especially compared to outdoor grass that grows naturally, as mentioned above, it will save you money in the long run.
- Temperature. If you like the feel of cool grass underfoot, artificial turf does tend to get hot in the outdoors.
The Best Fake Turf & Grass ProductsGreatmats offers many different artificial grass products, with the following 5 being among the best:
Turf Athletic Padded Interlocking Tile is a great indoor gym turf flooring option that combines affordability and sustainability with the benefit of convenient DIY installation. The tiles are slip resistant and durable, and they feel soft and cushioned like real grass. The durable, textured, mono-filament nylon material with tight nap makes this turf perfect for sled drills and track and field workouts.
Greatmats - For the Best Fake Turf & Grass ProductsThere are so many benefits to using one of the many artificial turf products offered at Greatmats. If you have questions about specific pros and cons of each product, please reach out to the amazing Greatmats’ team. They want to help you make the right decision about fake grass, including selecting the right solution for your space.
For more on this topic please review our Artificial Grass and Turf product page.