How to Clean Rubber Flooring, 4 Easy Steps to Clean Rubber
By Created: October, 2017 - Modified: July, 2021
Related Product: Rubber Flooring Roll Geneva 3/8 Inch 10% Color Per SF
How to Clean Rubber Flooring
- Start by vacuuming the floor with a rolling soft beater-brush style vacuum on a medium setting for routine cleaning and to remove debris.
- Using warm water, a neutral pH cleaner and a nylon, microfiber or sponge mop, mop the floor, paying special attention to the most stubborn and dirty areas. Changing your soapy water frequently will help ensure the cleanest floor. Or use one clean bucket of water to rinse and one for the soapy water.
- Be sure to mop or wet vacuum up all residue.
- Allow your floor to air dry before walking on the floor again.
Regular Rubber Floor CleaningThis should be done weekly at a minimum or daily for high traffic areas.
Top 4 Things to Avoid When Cleaning Rubber Floors
- Aggressive scouring pads or solvent-based cleaners can damage your floor.
- Cotton mops will leave lint behind.
- Soaking your floor can allow the water or solution to permeate through non-vulcanized rubber.
- Canister vacuums where the head is dragged across the floor cause unnecessary wear and tear markings.
We hope this information on how to clean rubber flooring has been helpful.
For more on this topic please review our Rubber Flooring product page.