Top 5 Horse Stall Mats by Unique Feature
Stall Mats Come in Many Forms, Designed for Specific Needs
By Julia Nass // 2017
Related Product: Horse Stall Mats Interlocking Custom Mats per SF
Greatmats offers top of the line horse stall mats. Forego the hassle and high costs of bedding, and try rubber stall mats instead. Unlike bedding, rubber horse stall mats last a lifetime without needing to be replaced. With the following top five horse stall mat options, you can easily increase comfort, provide noise and heat insulation and increase safety for your animals.
1. Price: 4x6 ft x 1/2 inch straight edge pebble topIf you're searching for the most economical horse stall mat, the 4x6 ft x 1/2 Inch Straight Edge Pebble Top stall mat is an optimal choice. This mat is available from Greatmats for around $42 per mat. Once the initial price of these mats are paid, there are no maintenance costs down the line, which saves on time and money. These low-price horse stall mats are easy to upkeep. Simply sweep or damp map with a pH neutral cleaner to keep fresh.
Each mat is made from 100% recycled and re-vulcanized rubber. The pebble top surface texture provides both comfort and traction, while the fluted ribbed underside yields stability and support. Ultimately, these rubber stall mats reduce back and leg strain for animals.
2. Thickness: 4x6 x 3/4 Inch Straight Edge Punter StandardAt only a slightly higher price, the Straight Edge Punter Standard stall mat is Greatmats' thickest horse stall mat. These mats are 3/4 inch thick and thus yield supreme shock absorption and anti-fatigue benefits. Further, the thickness of these rubber stall mats increase their durability and longevity. These mats provide for animals even after years of heavy-duty use.
One Straight Edge Punter Standard mat covers 24 square feet and weighs around 100 pounds. Each mat has a non-slip punter top, which increases both comfort and traction for animals. Tiles are not interlocking and can be easily installed without any adhesives or extra tools. Place multiple tiles side by side to cover large stall areas. If you need to cut these mats to fit, you can do so with a sharp utility knife, straight edge and a 2x4 board. For the interlocking version of these tiles, see #4 (easy installation).
3. Seamless: One-Piece TruStall Mat 12x12 fitIf you wish for horse stall flooring without any seams whatsoever, you'll find what you're looking for in the One-Piece TruStall Mat. At 12 x 12 feet, this mat covers a 144 square feet of space without any seams. No longer will you have to worry about failed or leaky seams. The seamless design makes this horse stall mat 100 percent water tight, which is ideal for washing and grooming areas.
One-Piece TruStall mats are made from 100% clean, recycled rubber and are 17 mm thick. The high-quality of mat material makes this a popular flooring choice with veterinarians. Further, this mat has one of the highest traction ratings in the industry. To clean, simply use a pH neutral floor cleaner and a damp map.
4. Easy Installation: 2x2 ft x 3/4 inch interlocking black punter topSometimes the weight and thickness of horse stall mats make for an intensive installation process. This is simply not the case with Interlocking Black Punter Top rubber stall mats. These tiles are designed with an easy-to-use interlocking connecting system. One only needs to place tiles together for a nearly-seamless and long-lasting connection.
Each tile is 2 x 2 ft, 3/4 inches thick, and 17 pounds, so they are easy to handle. The interlocking rubber tiles are precision cut with a water jet to make for perfect installation every time. This is the interlocking version of the popular Straight-Edge Punter Top Standard. Like the straight-edge horse stall mat, these tiles provide primo shock-absorption and cushion and are extremely durable and long-lasting.
5. Custom Kits: Horse Stall Mats Custom Kit SizesIf you have a unique space in need of a custom floor, consider Greatmats' Horse Stall Mats Custom Kit Sizes. First, you can choose either a 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick mat. From there, the standard 4x6 interlocking tiles can be cut for you to perfectly fit into any space or around any floor protrusions. This is a particularly excellent choice for odd-sized horse stalls, aisle ways and hay storage areas.
These rubber stall mats are made to last for at least 20 years and feature a 12 year warranty against manufacturing defects. The longevity comes largely from the fact these horse stall mats are made from only the best 100 percent recycled rubber. The bottom of tiles are flat for cleanliness, while the surface features a diamond-top surface for comfort and traction. Greatmats' customer service offers free design help to assist you with all your unique flooring needs.
For all rubber stall mats:Keep in mind that most rubber stall mats yield a heavy rubber smell and are not recommended for those with rubber-smell sensitivities. Proper ventilation is recommended for installing these mats.
For more on this topic please review our Horse Stall Mats, Equine Rubber product page.