What Are The Dimensions Of A Turf Rugby Field?
By Created: December, 2021
Related Product: Greatmats Gym Turf Pro 7/8 Inch x 15 Ft. Wide 5mm Foam
Understating the layout of the rugby field will help you figure out the dimensions and areas where you may want to install turf. Whether planning to accommodate a recreational, college, or pro level league, understanding the size of the field, placement of the goal, positions, and necessary equipment are essential.
Having synthetic turf on a rugby field of play (that area within the touchlines and dead ball lines) and surrounding areas beyond the boundary lines helps prevent injuries and promote successful play. According to rookieroad.com, “The field of play for rugby league measures 128 meters (long) by 68 meters (wide), while for rugby union, the field of play measures 144 meters by 70 meters.”
No matter which field size you construct (the big rugby union size or the rugby league size), turf is a low maintenance option with a surprisingly low lifetime cost.
Benefits to Utilizing Artificial Turf for a Field
- Artificial turf is a safe, healthy option. These products are non toxic, without the use of any dangerous materials being used in the production of them. Pesticides and fertilizers are not needed to keep turf attractive and bug free, making it safer for you, your players, and the environment.
- Turf also offers a secure and even surface layer, making it safer to run and play rugby on without worrying about tripping on a hump or divot that could be present if the grass was real.
- Turf is healthy, and it doesn’t negatively impact those who suffer from allergies, like grass pollen.
- Turf is low maintenance. Once installed, turf is relatively maintenance free. It also reduces water consumption and aids in water conservation, making turf an eco-friendly solution, where natural grass needs to be watered, fertilized, sprayed for weeds, and mowed to keep it looking fresh and lush.
- Turf is durable and extremely tough. It’s constructed from materials that are able to withstand heavy use and abuse, and they are often stain resistant and fade resistant.
- Turf is very versatile, with options designed for use both indoors and out. And they can be installed over a variety of different surfaces - unlike natural grass.
Now that you know the dimensions of a rugby field and the benefits you’ll enjoy when using turf, you may find yourself wondering what the best rugby turf is.
Rugby Field Turf Options Available at Greatmats
These products are made to last and will look and feel great for your rugby players. They offer some fabulous features and benefits, as well.
This turf is suitable for indoor or outdoor fields, and it has a ⅞ inch pile height and straight edging. It’s UV stabilized, so it will not fade or discolor from the sun. It is non-absorbent, as well, so it can easily endure the elements of weather.
The turf offers durability and reliability, even through lots of heavy use. This helps to prevent shedding, offering a superior experience consistently over repeated use. With the softest, non-abrasive polyethylene grass fibers available, it’s very comfortable and reliable - making it a preferred choice among athletes.
Made from a blend of polyethylene and nylon, this turf also naturally reacts to provide a realistic feel for rugby or other sport or activity. It provides the look and feel of true grass with its ¾ inch pile height and 5 mm foam backing.
Greatmats - For The Best Rugby Field Turf
Greatmats is your one-stop-shop for artificial turf that’s suitable for rugby and other field sports. From turf rolls to interlocking turf tiles, there are numerous products to choose from, but the ones featured here are two of the best.
If you would like more information about any of these products, the team at Greatmats is available to help. They can answer all of your questions and help you decide which product is the best one for you. They can even help place your order.
No matter which turf product you choose, when it comes from Greatmats, you’ll be getting the best.
For more on this topic please review our Artificial Grass and Turf product page.