Deck Tiles and Outdoor Deck Flooring
On Sale In Stock $11.91 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $10.83 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $11.79 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $10.72 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $13.25 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $12.04 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $13.24 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $12.03 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $13.10 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $11.91 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $12.52 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
On Sale In Stock $12.51 per SF Ships out 11-14 Working Days
With a large selection of high quality deck tiles, Greatmats has everything you need to cover an existing deck, create a new finish, or provide a safer decking surface. Our outdoor decking tiles are made of a variety of materials, including plastic, rubber, and foam, and these versatile tiles can be installed using a variety of methods.
- Rubber deck tiles can be installed using a wide variety of installation methods. Interlocking rubber tiles may be dry laid or glued down. Straight edge tiles are usually glued down.
- Foam deck tiles are typically glued down when used outside. Some tiles feature a peel-and-stick method when used indoors.
Enjoy the following benefits when you use waterproof deck tiles:
- Preserve your existing deck without needing to replace it entirely
- Protect your deck from the elements, extending its life
- Quickly and easily update the style of your deck
- Optimize your deck's safety
- Provide fall protection (with outdoor rubber deck tiles or some foam deck tiles)
- Create a temperature stable surface so you can enjoy your deck in all weather
How to Choose the Right Decking Tiles
- Identify the type of surface that the deck tiles will be installed over, including whether the installation will be outdoors or indoors
- Measure the size of the space that you will need to cover
- Consider all of the seasons, temperatures, and types of weather that the tiles will need to endure
- Establish your budget for the project
- Decide whether a glue down or dry lay installation will be best
- Determine whether you will install the tiles yourself, or if you will hire a professional to handle the installation
Determining the Right Deck Tiles for Your Deck Type
Choosing the right outdoor decking tiles for your project will partially depend on the type of subsurface that your deck has. Most decks are elevated and usually have a wooden or concrete subsurface.
Wooden deck surfaces are subjected to the sun, moisture, humidity, and temperature fluctuations, all of which can result in fading, warping, and splintering. Waterproof deck tiles can help to protect wooden decks from the elements, preserving the deck without requiring you to replace it. Plastic and rubber deck tiles can provide years of protection while requiring little to no maintenance. These outdoor deck tiles help to waterproof surfaces, allowing for increased durability and a longer lifespan.
Concrete based decks, on the other hand, are best matched with plastic, rubber, or foam deck tiles. Concrete based decks tend to be larger structures, or are those that are installed at public venues including swimming pools and high rise apartment buildings.
For concrete decks in wet areas, foam deck tiles are an excellent choice. Foam tiles offer great slip resistance, yet remain comfortable on bare feet, making them perfect for pools and waterparks.
Additionally, foam tiles offer plenty of cushion in the event of a slip or fall, but they also maintain consistent temperatures so that they can be comfortably used in all weather conditions.
Let's take a more detailed look at the different types of deck tiles.
Plastic Deck Tiles
- Waterproof tiles are highly durable
- Tiles are perforated for maximized drainage, preventing standing water and helping to prevent slips and falls
- Easy DIY installation
- Highly economical deck tile option
- Soft surface is comfortable
Plastic deck tiles help to maximize traction, promote drainage, and create a comfortable deck surface. Made of a soft and flexible PVC, these outdoor decking tiles are perforated so that water drains right through, rather than pooling on top of the tiles. Because these tiles drain water quickly, they can help to keep the deck surface dry. This dry deck flooring further prevents slipping. The tiles themselves are waterproof and resistant to the weather, and are even UV stable, making them a great, long-lasting option.
PVC deck tiles are one of the lightest deck flooring options, and are also incredibly easy to install. The tiles often connect with a snap-together tab and loop interlocking system. If needed, the snap together deck flooring can be cut to fit your deck. Since the click together deck tiles are lightweight and can be installed without adhesive or other complicated methods, they make for a practical DIY project for homeowners, while still creating a professional finished look.
Many homeowners prefer plastic tiles because PVC plastic is a highly economical material. However, some of our higher end deck tiles are also made out of PVC. GreatDeck Outdoor PVC Deck Tile are an example of this. These top-level tiles are slightly larger and simulate the look of wood slats, but will not harbor mold or mildew.
Some PVC deck tiles also offer limited critical fall height protection, ideal for an extra-safe surface, or for a home with young kids.
Rubber Deck Tiles
- Heavy-duty tiles are highly durable and offer long warranties
- Tiles won't crack or freeze, and help to prevent mold and mildew growth
- Some tiles offer critical fall height ratings
- Tiles tend to be thicker than other deck tiles
- Conveniently sized tiles make for easy installation
If you're looking for a heavy-duty, durable deck tile, then rubber decking tiles are an ideal solution. These tiles carry a longer warranty than plastic tiles. Some rubber deck tiles even feature a limited lifetime guarantee, while plastic tiles are usually guaranteed for between 1 and 5 years.
Rubber decking tiles are highly durable. Since they are made from recycled truck tires, they won't crack or freeze. These tiles can also offer critical fall height ratings, as they're made of the same material that many playground tiles are made from. Recycled rubber helps to prevent mold and mildew growth, and it won't attract insects. The tiles themselves are both waterproof and durable, even when exposed to the harsh elements of the outdoors.
Naturally slip resistant, rubber decking tiles are much thicker than other decking surfaces. Generally, rubber tiles range from 1.5 to 2.25 inches thick. This increased thickness generally means a higher price and more weight per tile.
Most rubber deck tiles can be easily installed. Many tiles interlock, and they are conveniently sized so that, even though they are easy, they are still manageable.
Foam Deck Tiles
- Anti-slip surface maximizes safety in wet areas, such as pool decks and waterparks
- Temperature stable surface means you can comfortably walk barefoot on foam, even on the hottest days
- Foam offers limited fall height protection to minimize injuries in the case of a fall
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal tiles contribute to a healthier environment
For swimming pool decks and waterparks, foam deck tiles make a popular and practical option. These tiles offer excellent safety and slip resistance, even when the surface is saturated. Another major benefit of foam is the fact that it provides a temperature stable surface, meaning that even on the hottest days you can comfortably walk barefoot on the tiles. In the case of a slip or a fall, foam offers a limited fall height protection and helps to absorb impact, minimizing injury.
Continually wet environments pose particular challenges to deck tiles, but foam tiles are designed to withstand such demands. The tiles are both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, creating a healthier space.
Installation is generally a little more complicated than installing dry deck tiles; foam tiles like our Life Floor Slate Tiles must be installed using adhesive.
Wooden Deck Tiles
- Eye-catching finishes and long-lasting deck protection are favored qualities of wooden deck tiles
- Choose from a wide range of different woods, each with its own benefits
- Tile prices vary depending on the types of wood used
Wooden deck tiles offer eye-catching finishes and excellent deck protection. They are available in a wide range of styles, and are made of different kinds of wood, each offering its own unique benefits. Because the tiles are made of different types of wood, their price can vary by about $23 per square foot. The tiles' construction is quite similar, but the different wood types and their corresponding price differences account for the differences in tile price.
Whether you're opting for the economical or the luxurious, we are sure to have wooden tiles available to suit your needs.
One of our more economical options is the GreatDeck Outdoor Wood Deck Tile Green, which is guaranteed not to rot, decay, mildew or inhabit termites for 35 years. This deck tile is made of pressure treated pine and is a great choice for a long-lasting tile.
At the higher end of the price range are the GreatDeck Outdoor Hardwood Deck Tiles, which carry a 25-year warranty against rot and decay. They are made from North American White Ash and feature a beautiful finish that is sure to make your deck the envy of the neighborhood.
If you're looking for something a little more comfortable against bare feet, we also offer deck tiles with a 25-year rated treated lumber base and artificial grass turf surface.
Choosing Your Deck Tiles
Install deck tiles on roof tops, decks, balconies, and other outdoor surfaces. Most PVC or slat style deck tiles can even be installed over uneven surfaces.
As you explore the different dry deck tiles and waterproof deck tiles, be sure to give our flooring experts a call. We would be happy to help you explore the different products and find the right deck tile for your project.
Commitment to Customers
We operate Greatmats according to the Golden Rule - we treat you just as we would want to be treated. Since we want you to be happy with every product and every shopping experience, we offer a price match guarantee. You can shop with confidence, knowing that you will never overpay at Greatmats.
It's our dedication to our customers that has earned us an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
You can feel good about buying from Greatmats, since we will donate a percentage of your purchase right back to the local community. Each year we give 5% of our annual profits to local non-profit organizations.
Would you like a quote or product sample? Have questions about which product might be right for you? Please contact our customer service team today at 877-822-6622. We would be happy to help you.