What Is the Best Vinyl Mahogany Flooring?
By Created: January, 2021 - Modified: April, 2023
Related Product: Wood Grain Natural Vinyl Flooring Roll 6x60 Ft
What Are Some Benefits of Mahogany Flooring Vinyl Rolls?Rolls of vinyl give quite a few benefits when installed, including:
- It’s hard for someone to tell the difference between the hardwood and the vinyl at a glance, as the rolls have the same rich color as the real thing.
- The vinyls can simulate the plank layout of the actual hardwood, giving it a realistic look.
- The cost of covering the entire room with the vinyl rolls is far less than using real hardwoods.
- With vinyl, there is no need to undergo a refinishing process, as may need to occur occasionally with actual hardwoods.
Compared to actual mahogany hardwood, the vinyl does have some disadvantages, including:
- Mahogany is an extremely hard style of wood, even outperforming oak in terms of stability, but vinyl can’t match this level of hardness.
- The resale value of a home or office building with actual mahogany wood installed will be higher than one with a vinyl that looks like mahogany flooring.
Still, vinyl mahogany is a nice alternative when looking to save money, meaning, depending on the needs of the location, the potential negatives are not as important as the benefits the vinyl provides.
Mahogany Flooring OptionsWhen seeking to simulate mahogany flooring with a vinyl alternative, consider the Wood Grain Natural Vinyl Flooring Roll from the Greatmats lineup of vinyl flooring. Available in a variety of wood grain colors, the Nutshell color provides a beautiful mahogany-looking flooring. The colors, Briar Root, Maple Syrup, and Thunderstorm, also feature red tones.
For another option, consider the Brandy color option of the LonWood Madera product.
How Do Mahogany Vinyl Rolls Look?The vinyl closely approximates the look of the actual mahogany wood. The shades of color in real mahogany hardwood primarily deliver a rich, reddish brown, although a few shade variants are possible. This color evokes feelings of sophisticated designs in homes and commercial buildings. It also has a smoother, subtle grain than some other hardwoods, enhancing the feeling of luxury.
Having the ability to select the desired finish ensures that the mahogany flooring in vinyl material will match the decor and the furniture that’s already in the room. It also creates a seamless design that helps to deliver the perfect look.
What Is the Best Way to Install a Vinyl Roll of Mahogany?For sheet vinyl, the installation process can be quite involved, often requiring the help of a professional. This vinyl will need to undergo a gluing to the subfloor. It is not possible to use vinyl tape or another temporary kind of adhesive to install this type of flooring. It’s only appropriate for a permanent install.
The subfloor requires quite a bit of preparation before attempting the install, including patching of any low spots or holes, removing previous adhesive materials, and undergoing a thorough cleaning. Installers must allow the roll to acclimate to the humidity and temperature in the area of the install before beginning the process.