Buyers Guide Home
How to Buy Rubber Flooring
Buying Rubber Flooring Doesn't Get Much Easier Than This
By Julia Nass
Congratulations - you are officially in the process of purchasing rubber flooring. With so many companies and products to choose from, planning for a rubber floor can be an intimidating process to engage in. How do you possibly find a rubber flooring product that is just right for you? Well, the fact you are reading this right now means you are on the right track. The following is a little checklist to make sure you have all of your bases covered while you are purchasing rubber flooring.
1) Learn About Rubber Flooring in a General SenseYou may be planning for a rubber floor, but you may not be totally clear on what that entails. A perfect way to get a general rundown of buying rubber flooring is to head to Greatmats.com. In the search bar, type in rubber flooring, then select the drop down menu next to the search bar labeled ''Categories.'' Select ''Rubber Flooring.''
You will find a wide variety of some of Greatmats' best and most popular rubber flooring products, but you may not be quite reading to delve into specifics yet. Instead, scroll to the bottom of the page. There, you will find a comprehensive summary of purchasing rubber flooring. Skim over the Frequently Asked Questions for a general run down on rubber products and their different uses. You can also find information about rubber as an environmentally friendly product.
Planning for a rubber floor also requires you to choose between the three most common rubber product types: rubber rolls, mats, and tiles. Each style boasts different benefits depending on where and how you plan on using your new rubber floor. As you read about each, consider which style might work best for you.
2) Get to Know Your OptionsNow that you have a better sense for the generals of buying rubber flooring, you can hone in on more specifics. Search products by price range or intended use. Greatmats makes it easy to find products specifically designed for some of the most popular rubber flooring uses: home gyms, weight rooms, horse and cattle stalls, playgrounds, roof tiles and more.
Descriptions will give you a sense for a products' installation process, durability and comfort, weight and dimensions, maintenance and, of course, cost. As you start comparing different products, be sure to check out customer reviews. Many customers post photos along with their review, so you can get a feel for the style and aesthetics of products after installation. Looking at different products will give you a sense of what to expect in a rubber floor and what kind of questions you may still have.
3) Speak With a Greatmats Flooring ExpertAt this point in your planning for a rubber floor, you probably have some different options that strike your fancy. So how do you choose? Let a Greatmats Flooring Expert help. The customer service team has a wealth of knowledge on purchasing rubber flooring. They are happy to answer any remaining questions you may have. Or, once you give them a sense for what exactly you are looking for, they can help you narrow down your search.
If you are feeling stuck in between a few different products, the Greatmats team is happy to set you up with free samples. Further, you can check in about volume discounts. Plus, Greatmats offers a price match guarantee - so you can be confident you are getting the best possible deal when purchasing rubber flooring.
Ultimately, the friendly folks at Greatmats are on your side. They want to help you find success and satisfaction in buying rubber flooring. You can order products over the phone, or customer service can support you in ordering online. Greatmats dedicates itself to not only providing the best products, but the best shopping experience as well.
4) Get to Know Your New Product Inside and OutOnce you have landed on a product, make sure you have all of the installation and maintenance information you need. You can find loads of general information on rubber flooring in the Greatmats Knowledge Base. There, you can find blogs, articles and videos that go into detail on installing, cleaning and maintaining rubber floors. In general, it is simple.
Most products can be upkept by sweeping, vacuuming or damp mopping with a pH neutral cleaner. Each product page also outlines cleaning protocol, so make sure you are familiar with those product-specific guidelines before you begin to use your product.
Product pages and blogs can also assist you in determining how best to install your new rubber floor. They will outline if adhesives should be used or not. Sometimes, flooring must be cut in order to fit a space. Usually, this can be done easily with a utility or box knife. Overall, installation of Greatmats products tends to be a simple, do-it-yourself project.
5) Enjoy Your Rubber FloorThe final step in purchasing rubber flooring is of course to sit back and enjoy it for years to come. Rubber floors are some of the most durable and long-lasting floors out there, especially those that come from Greatmats. Of course, accidents happen and damage can occur. Luckily, many of Greatmats products are under warranty. If a need to replace any flooring product arises, Greatmats will once again be there to assist and make the experience as happy as possible.
For more on this topic please review our Rubber Flooring product page.