Roofing Mats, Mats for Rooftop Access, Roofing and Walkway Access Mats
Rubber roofing mats, Rooftop walkway mats, Roofing mats for outdoor walkways
Roofing Mats Ideas
Roofing Mats Features
Benefits of Roof Protection Mats
Consider the following benefits of investing in roof mats:
- Protect your roof's high traffic areas, minimizing wear and tear and saving you maintenance
- Avoid punctures and abrasions in your roof's surface, saving you potential repair time and cost
- Create a durable, safe surface that gives you and workers access to important equipment on your roof
- Help to keep workers safe with excellent traction in all weather
- Enjoy both sound and thermal insulation within your building from the mats on your roof
- Invest confidently - our roof mats are highly durable and can withstand even the harshest weather
- With mats made from recycled rubber, know that you're choosing an eco-friendly product for your building
- Enjoy an easy installation, and be able to remove many rubber roof mats in the future
Consider the Many Ways You Can Put a Rubber Roof Mat to Use:
- Create a walkway to equipment that must be regularly accessed and maintained
- Use mats when servicing rooftop equipment
- Protect your roof around vital areas such as access doors, roof hatches, ladders, and more
Choosing Your Roof Protection Mats
As you explore the various options available, consider the following factors:
- Size of the area to be covered: How much of an area will you be covering? For larger areas, rolled rubber may save you money. For smaller areas, rubber mats and rooftop tiles are a more manageable option.
- Traction: Traction is so important in your roofing mats. Look for mats which optimize traction in all conditions, even when wet.
- Weather resistance: If you anticipate being up on your roof during the rain or snow, look for an option which provides drainage, or at least excellent traction when wet.
- Durability: Consider the environmental conditions the mats will face. Look for products which are resistant to weather fluctuations, snow and ice, and UV rays.
- Installation method: Roofing mats can be installed any number of different ways, including dry laid and permanently installed with adhesive. The right installation method will depend on your use for the mats and whether you want to handle the installation yourself. Keep in mind that some of the larger products, like rolled rubber, may require multiple people to transport and install them. Smaller items, like tiles or thinner mats, can make for a good DIY project for a single person.
We've outlined some of our most popular roof protection mats below to help you get started.
Rubber mats are highly popular as roof mats, thanks to their combination of durability and affordability. A rubber roof mat provides both sound and thermal insulation, and is designed to provide roof access to equipment that is mounted on top of commercial roofs. Extremely durable, rubber can withstand the temperature fluctuations, freezing ice, and UV rays that go along with outdoor use. A roof mat offers the additional benefit of being dense; it can be dry laid and will not move, or you can choose to use adhesive for a permanent installation.
Our rubber mats are available in 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4 inch thicknesses. The thicker the mat, the more shock absorption and the greater the protection it offers. Thicker mats can also support more weight, helping to protect your rooftop membrane from scrapes and punctures.
Straight edge mats can be laid independently, or laid up next to each other to create a continuous surface. If you are looking for solid surface coverage, then be sure to consider our Horse Stall Mats. These 3/4 inch thick mats are highly durable and are built to withstand significant weight. They also interlock securely, creating a solid mat surface that will not separate. They are ideal for continuous walkways or large surfaces surrounding important equipment or access areas.
Our VIP Prima Black Rubber Mat also offers excellent traction and drainage, thanks to its perforated design which helps to prevent standing water. This mat also features anti-fatigue properties, helping to keep you more comfortable during long hours of work. Best of all, you can easily connect multiple mats together, thanks to built-in connectors within the mats. Connect the mats end to end for a pathway, or connect the mats to create 90 degree turns as needed. This 1/2 inch rubber mat is lightweight for easy handling, but is also durable enough to withstand significant use and traffic. Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty, you can purchase this mat with confidence.
If you're looking for a rubber roof mat that will maximize traction, our Button Top Mats will do the job. Available in 3/8 and 1/2 inch thicknesses, these mats feature a non-skid surface that provides sure footing, even when the mat is wet. These heavy-duty mats are non-porous and will not be affected by freeze and thaw conditions, making them ideal for rooftop use in any environment.
Rolled Rubber for Rooftops
In addition to mats, we offer a variety of rolled rubber that is also suitable for rooftop use. Our rolled rubber roofing mats work well for rooftop walkways and areas in which a large area must be covered. Rolls are the most economical form or rubber roofing flooring or matting and will likely need to be glued down as they are often thinner than rubber mats.
Our Rubber Flooring Rolls are available in custom cut lengths, so you can order exactly what you need, saving you money and minimizing wasted product. We have many color options available, and shipping points nationwide help to save you money while cutting down on shipping time. These rolls are available in thicknesses from 1/4 to 1/2 inch. The rolls feature a non-slip surface to help keep you and employees safe while you're on the roof.
Tiles for Rooftop Use
If you're looking for something a little bit lighter and more manageable than our full-size rubber mats, be sure to consider our rooftop tiles. We offer an assortment of interlocking tiles which are easy to install, yet durable enough to withstand outdoor use.
Our Staylock Perforated Tiles can be installed over a rubber rooftop membrane, and are suitable for both residential and light commercial use. They are non-slip and durable tiles which are perforated to allow plenty of drainage, preventing dangerous standing water on top of your walking surface. In the case that a slip or fall does occur, these tiles offer an ASTM 20-inch fall height rating. They install quickly and easy, thanks to their active locking connector system.
Our Sterling Roof Top Tile 2 Inch Black is a great way to get the durability of rubber, but on a smaller scale than our rubber mats. These rubber tiles feature interlocking edges for an easy installation. They're easy to clean, are highly durable, and are a great choice for use in smaller areas.
Ordering Your Roof Protection Mats
As you explore the choices above, please feel free to give our flooring experts a call. We would be happy to provide you with product samples, to give you detailed shipping information, and to even help you find the product that's best for your project.
Commitment to Customers
At Greatmats, we want you to be happy with your product and with your shopping experience. That's why we offer a price match guarantee, and we operate our business with the Golden Rule model - treat others as you want others to treat you. Because we ensure that our customers are satisfied with every order, we have earned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. You can buy from us with confidence, knowing that your satisfaction is our priority.
You can feel good about buying from Greatmats. We give back to the community by donating 5 percent of our annual profits to local non-profit organizations.
Do you have questions about these products? Would you like a quote or a sample of one of these flooring options? Please contact our customer service team at 877-822-6622. We would be delighted to help you choose the right flooring for your project.