Horse Stall Mats, Equine Rubber Products
How to Cut Rubber Mats for Horse Stalls
Rubber Stall Mat Cutting Made Easy
Related Product: Horse Stall Mats 10x12 Ft Kit
Cutting a thick rubber stall mat or rubber flooring for horse stables doesn't have to be a headache. It doesn't even require any power tools. If you can operate a straight edge and a utility knife, you can cut a stall mat with ease.
- Mark the mat where you'd like to cut
- Place a 2x4 board under the area you'd like to cut
- Using your straight edge as a guide and start scoring your mat with a sharp utility knife and make a series of shallow scores, this will reduce friction on your blade.
- Allow the cut to fall open as the mat folds over the 2x4
- Continue scoring until all of the way through the mat, the mat will fall away
For more on this topic please review our Horse Stall Mats, Equine Rubber product page.