Dance Media Outlets
American Dancer Magazine
– USA Dance publication featuring ballroom dance
– Resource for performing arts industry news and advice
Conscious Dancer Magazine
– Dance First Association publication on holistic fitness
Dance Channel TV Network
– online media network promoting all forms of dance worldwide
– free online dance magazine and news service
– publisher of Dance Magazine, Dance Spirit, Pointe and Dance Teacher magazines as well as Dance Retailer News
– online dance community where dancers can network and learn about all dance forms
– online resource for Ballroom Dance
HOLLA'! Cheer and Dance Magazine
– African American cheer and dance magazine
– print and digital magazine designed as an all-access pass to the world of dance
Irish Dancing & Culture
– Magazine for Irish Dancing and Culture
– Independent publication for Ballroom Dance news and info discussion
Square Dance Magazine
– Independent internet-based magazine promoting square and round dancing
The Dance Journal
– Philadelphiadance.org publication that provides a writing outlet for the dance community
World of Dance Magazine
– Florida-based dance community guide to events and news
Your Daily Dance
– online resource for dance families
– studio owners' resource for better business practices
Music & Dance News
– bi-monthly newsletter from the Minnesota Ballroom Operators Association.
Dance Associations and Foundations
Alaska Spirit Coaches Association
- non-profit organization which promotes safe and ethical coaching practices and provides resources for continuing education
American Country Dance Association
- dance circuit founded in 2003 providing dancers with affordable and fair competition dance events
American Social Dance Association
- offers easy, affordable ways for social dance leaders to manage activities and memberships
American Tap Dance Foundation
- non-profit organization committed to establishing and legitimizing Tap Dance as a vital component of American Dance through creation, presentation, education and preservation.
Arizona Dance Education Association
- state affiliate of the National Dance Education Organization
Arts Council of Hillsborough County (Fla)
- supports, promotes and advocates for arts and culture in Hillsborough County.
Association of Dance Conventions and Competitions
- a forum for the dance competition industry as a whole to come together for networking opportunities, group buying power, and to give back through dance scholarships and awards.
Ballroom Latin & Swing Social Dance Association
- promotes Ballroom, Latin, Swing and other forms of social dancing to the general public.
California Association of Health Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- founded in 1930, is a non-profit, voluntary membership corporation formed exclusively to promote the organizing and progress of school, community and statewide programs of health, physical education, recreation and dance
California Association of Dance/Drill Team Directors
- non-profit organization dedicated to Dance/Drill programs throughout California and the directors of those organizations.
California Dance Education Association
- committed to supporting and promoting quality dance teaching in multiple settings and promoting opportunities and access to in-depth professional development towards that aim.
California Dance Network
- provides access to dance-focused information and connections in California.
California High School Cheer and Dance Organization
- makes quality spirit education, resources and support easily accessible to coaches and spirit programs in California.
Central Iowa Barn Dance Association
- promotes American country dancing to bring enjoyment, delight and sociability to the community.
Chicago National Association of Dance Masters
- non-profit association whose purpose is to serve the continuing education and professional development needs of dance teachers.
Colorado State Square Dance Association
Connecticut Dance Alliance
- non-profit organization dedicated to increasing public awareness of dance in all its forms and serving the needs of the state-wide dance community.
Country Dance and Song Society
- community of recreational dancers, singers and musicians, teachers, callers and dance historians who support traditional arts with participatory programs, resources, services and funding, serving as a hub of information within the field.
Dance Masters of California, Inc.
- association of Northern California tested members with the goals to advance the art of dancing and improve the practice of its teaching.
- sustains and advances professional dance by addressing the needs, concerns, and interests of artists, administrators, and organizations, by providing national leadership and services.
Delaware Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- enhance and promote health and wellness for the State of Delaware through health, dance, physical education, and recreation.
Delaware Valley Federation of Square and Round Dancers
- online calendar of federation, district, and member club events.
Federation of United States Teachers and Adjudicators
- source for information on anything regarding Highland Dancing in the United States.
Festival Dance & Performing Arts Association
- organization that brings professional dance companies to local stages and into regional schools, based in Moscow, ID.
Florida Cheer and Dance Association
- strives to offer a fun, positive, and exciting competition environment.
Florida Dance Association
- private nonprofit organization established in 1972, was incorporated in 1974 to serve and support the development of dance in Florida.
Florida Dance Education Organization
- non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and promotion of high quality education in the art of dance.
Footloose Square Dance Club
- square dancing, Footloose in Anderson, Indiana.
Georgia Tech Dance Association
- non-profit student organization of Georgia Tech bringing great music, special events, and workshops once a month to Tech students and Atlanta at a minimal cost.
Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association
- Providing a ballroom dance experience for the people of Hawaii that is fun, affordable and promotes healthy minds and bodies.
Idaho Country Western Dance Association
- 501(c)(7) Social and Recreation non-profit Corporation for, "Social recreational dancing and other non-profitable purposes."
Illinois Drill Team Association
- promotes excellence in dance and flag performance opportunities through competitive and non-competitive events.
Illinois State Dance Association
- Registered Student Organization open to all ISU students with a passion for Dance!
Illinois Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- founded in 1931 by a group of professionals dedicated to improving the effectiveness of health, physical education, recreation, and and the promotion of human welfare.
Illinois Recreational Cheerleading Association
- Provides resources for its members to enhance the fundamentals of cheer and dance in a fun, safe and educational format.
Illini Swing Society
- Registered Student Organization (RSO) with the purpose of promoting the education and enjoyment of the various swing dance styles within the community of Champaign-Urbana.
Indiana High School Dance Team Association
- providing Indiana high school and junior high school students with uniform rules of competition.
Indiana Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- professional education association for teachers, administrators, researchers, coaches, students, and other allied professionals who are actively engaged in and dedicated to the promotion of quality health, physical education, recreation, dance, sport, and allied programming in public and private schools, colleges and universities, and community agencies throughout the state of Indiana.
Irish Music & Dance Association
- 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit cultural and educational organization established to support, coordinate, encourage and promote high quality activities and programs in Irish music and dance in the Twin Cities community.
Judges Association of Minnesota Dance Teams
- consists of officials specifically trained and educated on the Minnesota State High School League dance team score sheet.
Kentucky Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
Louisiana Alliance for Dance
- 501c3 non-profit professional service organization for dance in Louisiana.
Louisiana Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
-Founded in 1934, the aim of this organization is to improve the quality of life through health and fitness and recreational activities.
National Dance Alliance
- Full service provider in the dance spirit industry.
National Dance Council of America
- official governing council of dance and dancesport in the USA.
Maine Dance Teachers Club
- Maine dance teachers offer instruction to other teachers – since 1950
Maine Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- nonprofit organization for professionals and students in related fields of health, physical education, recreation and dance.
Maryland Council for Dance
- non-profit educational and service corporation serving Maryland and surrounding areas since 1973 and supported by membership fees and grants from the Maryland State Arts Council, Capezio Ballet Makers Dance Foundation, Inc., and corporate and private donors.
Maryland Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- association to enhance and promote the health and wellness of all the citizens of Maryland, the MAHPERD organization provides advocacy and professional development opportunities designed to advance and unify the professions of health education, physical education, recreation, and dance education.
Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- nonprofit organization for professionals and students.
Michigan Dance Council
- nonprofit 501(c)3 organization, is the voice for dance throughout the state. Through networking and advocacy, it links all the various components that make up the diverse Michigan dance community.
Michigan Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- association To Promote Healthy, Active Living Through Professional Development and Advocacy
Minnesota Association of Dance Teams
- A coaches’ association dedicated to the advancement of high school dance teams in Minnesota since 1980.
Minnesota High School Dance Team Online
- Home for Minnesota dance scores, schedules, team features, videos, reviews, articles and all things Minnesota dance.
Minnesota Scottish Celtic Dance Association
- volunteer organization dedicated to the promotion and preservation of Scottish Highland Dance.
Minnesota Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- school-based professional association that provides professional services and resources for teachers, organizations, and individuals who provide quality programs. MNSHAPE is dedicated to improving the skills, knowledge, health, and well-being of all Minnesota students.
Missouri Dance Team Association
- dedicated to advancing dance teams in the state of Missouri to a higher level in their actions on the court/field, in the classroom, and within their community.
Missouri Dance Organization
- nonprofit member-driven association working to support dance arts and dance education in the state of Missouri.
Montana Dance Arts Association
- private non-profit 501(c)(3) statewide organization comprised of over 350 teachers and students, with a six member volunteer Board of Directors.
Shape Montana: Montana Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- professional organization of educators dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles among all Montanans through the promotion of health education, physical education, lifetime fitness and recreational activities, and dance.
Nebraska State Square and Round Dance Association
- provides information on the square dancing, round dancing and clogging activities in the State of Nebraska and is for both the dancer and the non dancer alike.
Nebraska Coaches Association
- professional organization providing membership and support to athletic coaches in the state of Nebraska.
Shape Nebraska: Nebraska Society of Health and Physical Educators
- promote healthy lifestyles through leadership, professional development and advocacy in the areas of health, physical education, recreation and dance.
Las Vegas Highland Dancing Association
- fosters and promotes Highland Dancing in Southern Nevada.
New Hampshire Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- encourages healthful lifestyles through health, physical education, recreation and dance, by communicating this to professionals, students and the public. Promotes professional standards, quality programs, professional development, legislative support, and regional and national affiliation.
Dance New Jersey
- service organization committed to advocating the excellence of dance and dance education in the state.
Associated Dance Teachers of New Jersey
- non-profit professional organization for dance teachers established in 1936.
Central Jersey Dance
- non-profit organization dedicated to promoting social dance and its many human and cultural rewards.
New Jersey Cheerleading and Dance Coaches Association
- non-profit organization, was founded in 1991, to foster safety, sportsmanship, education and support to all who are involved in cheerleading and Dance in the State of New Jersey.
New Jersey Chapter of American Dance Therapy Association
- professional organization dedicated to establishing, maintaining and supporting the highest standards of professional identity and competence among dance/movement therapists by promoting education, training, practice, and research.
New York State Dance Education Association
- a non-profit 501c3 tax exempt organization, incorporated in New York State. An autonomous membership organization, NYSDEA is affiliated with the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) and is recognized by the New York State Department of Education. NYSDEA strengthens the network of dance educators nationally, locally, and within the state.
New York State American Dance Therapy Association
- The New York State Chapter (NYSADTA) runs under the auspices and authority of the American Dance Therapy Association.
North Carolina Alliance for Athletics, Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance and Sport Management
- not for profit organization of athletics, health, physical education, recreation, dance and sport management professionals.
NC Dance Alliance
- nonprofit state service organization established in 1982 to serve and support the development of dance in North Carolina.
North Carolina Folk round & Square Dance Federation
- organization that fosters communication between the dancers, clubs, and dance leaders throughout North Carolina.
North Dakota Association of Dance & Drill
- professional organization with a mission to promote the sport of dance team in North Dakota.
- statewide organization that inclusively supports the diverse and vibrant practice of dance.
- country's oldest modern dance presentation organization
Oklahoma Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Oklahoma's state professional organization for promoting the organization of school, community and state programs of health, physical education, recreation and dance which will embody maximum opportunities and will ensure the inclusion of excellent programs within the best philosophical and context of American life.
Dance Drill Coaches Association of Oregon
- organization that oversees the competitive activities of High School Dance and Drill Teams in the State of Oregon.
Central Pennsylvania Country Dance Association
- non-profit community-service organization dedicated to the preservation of New England-style contra dances.
Rhode Island Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- professional association of educators that advocate quality programs in health, physical education, recreation, dance, and sport.
South Carolina Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- the only association for professionals involved in health, physical, and dance education, in South Carolina.
SHAPE SD: South Dakota Society of Health and Physical Educators
- group of professionals collaborating to promote active lifestyles for all South Dakotans.
Tennessee Association of Dance
- statewide network of organizations and individuals dedicated to artistic excellence and committed to ensuring that dance is a vital and respected part of life for all Tennesseans.
Tennessee Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- provides members and visitors with information about the association, its members and their contributions to improving the lives of all those they can reach.
Texas Dance Educators Association
- provides service to the advancement of dance education throughout the state of Texas.
Texas Association Teachers of Dancing
- one of the nation's leading teaching organizations aiming to keep the art of dancing and the dance teaching profession at the highest level by upholding its ideals and principles and passing these principles on to the next generation of teachers.
Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- not-for-profit professional association of individuals in the allied fields of health education, physical education, recreation, and dance.
Utah Dance Education Organization
- state affiliate of the National Dance Education Organization.
Utah Dance Judges Association
- association to develop, enhance and perpetuate, well-trained professional judges for competitive events.
Mountain West Highland Dance Association
- nonprofit organization which is dedicated to the preservation, study, teaching, and enjoyment through expression of the ethnic history and traditional dance of Scotland, through performances, workshops, and competitions.
Utah Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- promote and support creative and healthy lifestyles through high quality programs in health, physical education, recreation, dance and sport, and to provide members with professional development opportunities that increase knowledge, improve skills, and encourage sound professional practice.
Vermont Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- provide service professionals and pre-professionals in the fields of health, physical education, recreation and dance by offering information of importance to our members, and sponsoring various events and training throughout the year.
Virginia Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- professional association of educators that advocate quality programs in health, physical education, recreation, dance, and sport.
Northern Virginia Country-Western Dance Association
- nonprofit organization for members and the general public interested in learning, teaching, expanding, and preserving country-western dance.
West Virginia Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
Washington State Dance/Drill Coaches Association
- Association made up of dance/drill Primary Members (usually head coaches), Associate Members (assistant coaches, former coaches, judges, or others interested in dance/drill in Washington), Lifetime Honorary Members, and Vendor Members.
Dance Educators Association of Washington
- non-profit professional organization dedicated to the advancement of dance education as a basic and integral component at all public and private levels of education in the state of Washington.
WA State Dance Drill Judges Association
- provides the Washington State Dance/Drill community with fair, honest, credible and professional adjudication at local and state events.
The National Hand Dance Association
- non-profit membership organization with a mission to “Preserve, Educate and Promote the cultural art form of Hand Dance.”
Wisconsin Association of Cheer/Pom Coaches, Inc.
- consists of coaches from the state of Wisconsin who share a common goal of promoting and improving their leadership role in the sports of cheer and dance.
The Ballroom Association of UW-Madison
- student organization with a very active membership dedicated to social ballroom dancing.
Wyoming Association for Health and Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
New Orleans Ballet Association
- Incorporated in 1969, NOBA has been serving and helping to advance the dance field for more than 40 years with a mission to cultivate understanding, appreciation, and enjoyment of dance through performance, education, and community service.
North Florida Dance Association
- diverse group of ballroom dancers who meet at different venues for the sole purpose of sharing their passion for dancing.
- Maine-based, not-for-profit performing arts organization
ProDVIDA (Professional Dance Vision International Dance Association)
- professional teacher organization that is open to all professional dance teachers and competitors.
Professional Dance Instructor Association
Team Dance Illinois
- Illinois 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation founded in 2005 and dedicated to providing education, evaluation and competition for scholastic and non-scholastic youth and Junior High teams, (TDY) Junior Varsity and Varsity High School Dance and Flag Teams, (TDI) and Collegiate level teams (TDC).
The Ballet Society of Colorado Springs
- society that creates a learning environment where the focus is on a balance of dance, health, and excellence.
The Professional Dancers Society, Inc.
- non-profit corporation formed to serve the professional dancer, active and inactive.
Universal Dance Association
- provides high quality educational training for college and high school dancers through summer camps and clinics on college campuses.
US Pole Dance Federation
- the first organization in the US to host professional pole dancing competitions based on a fair judging format.
- National Governing Body for DanceSport in the United States and with more than 150 chapters throughout the country is also the representative organization for all social and recreational ballroom and Latin dancers in America, ranging from pre-schoolers to seniors.
USA National Folklorico
- organization that will provide forums and exposure to all the talent that exists while performing Folklorico dances.
Wah Ngai Lion Dance Association
- established in 2005 in Honolulu to perpetuate the Chinese artistry through martial arts and lion dancing.
Wichita Swing Dance Society
- society dedicated to teaching and promoting swing dance in the Wichita, Kansas area.